Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Royal Mail Assessment day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have to go to one of these in a few weeks time just want to know if
anybody has been to one of these and what it entails

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah bassically it invloves a bunch of applicants sitting in a room. You have to fill out a lengthy application form then you do maths test and a written sorting test. The tests are very easy but they are sposed to be what the final selection is based on. You should be carefull to take all your ID etc and know exactly what you are going to put on your employment history as they are very fussy about having every period of employment/unemployment accounted for goin back like 5years
    just compleated it today your right about one thing they are fussy about gaps in unemployment. their is 18 vacancies and the group was 18 some people did get
    sent home. now for the interview 9am in the bloody morning any ideas
    about the interview questions is it laid back relaxed i just hope it not 2 ppl at once i don't even know what to wear.
    Don't work for them, they're a bunch of arses.
    well at this moment in my life i can't afford to chose or be picky anyway
    i know people do it full time i am only going for part time so it not that bad.
    hi just wondering what sort of questions are on the test, im already starting as a christmas casual in December but would prefer a permanent job starting from January, been applying ALL year since last christmas (casual then as well). If and when i do get the call for an assessment for a permanent job im quite worried about failing the test as i really cant afford to fail if you know what i mean, been on and off JSA for the past 3 years dont wish to carry on that way any longer. I quite enjoyed my time last christmas found it very rewarding so getting a permenent job there is just a MUST. Just need some tips for the assessment if it comes, as my Maths isnt very strong. I should think sorting tests would be fine. cheers :nervous:
    i've applied to be a temp over christmas..haha. it says about lifting heavy things, i said i'd be able to do it but not sure how heavy the weights they stated were!
    well the questions in my opinion are basic which is why i think they only give
    10 mins as long as you get 30/40 u should be alright if u go to their website
    they do update their jobs page i'v been invited for another assesment even tho
    i have been offered the job at another mail centre .

christmas casual is good but the thing with that is u know you are going to be back to square one after when i went for my assessment and interview their was about 40 ppl going for role (5 sorting jobs in total) so for some funny reason competetion is high to work for royal mail lol but then again 800 quid for 20 hours a month is good money

10 got sent away because they coud'nt pass the test so u do have to be good at interviews as well as pass the test and if u fail then you can't apply to them for 6-12 month. the good thing is once u get one foot in the door they advertise their jobs internally first.
    lucifer devil

its about min 11kg and max is 20kg i normaly weightlift 14 kg so if your worried then lift some stuff and see how it is.
    Hi Got An Assessment This Week Can Anyone Give Me An Example Of Oone Of The Questions And What They Ask At Interview?
    I also have an assesment mines feb 8th in lincoln, what kind of level questions are the maths test on, gcse? Alevel?
    also what does the sorting test involve you doing?
    Advice!!!!!!

Hi,

I have also got an assessment day coming up very soon and if anybody knows roughly some of the questions ;) they might ask i would be very grateful to know them!!!! Just to get a little head start if you know what i mean.. :thumb:
    Hi,

I have also got an assessment day coming up very soon and if anybody knows roughly some of the questions ;) they might ask i would be very grateful to know them!!!! Just to get a little head start if you know what i mean.. :thumb:

I hope someone is up at this time god i have one of these at 8am if there is anyone that can answer that above it would be brill :D im soo nevous as fuck :P :shocking:
    Hi - just a bump. Can anyone answer the above questions?? Cheers. I`d appreciate it!
    maths test :S

hiya every one , i have an assement day on the 13th of sept for an apprentiship scheme , im ok about the interview and that but when it comes to maths im scared can anyone tell me what kind on questions they acctually ask and what questions do they ask for the sorting test thanx xx sarah:)
    Hey everyone:wave: How are u guys today

My name is lubna and i am quite new to this so forgive me for saying anything silly. I needed a bit of help so got on to this site through yahoo search engines.

I found it really interesting and was quite surprised that so many people are in the same shoes as me. I have an interview at royal mail and i have been unemployed for a while and dont want to mess up my interview just because of maths questions.

i was just wondering if anyone out there know what kind of maths is involved at the interview. if its minuses and pluses then great.i am already a winner and there a light at the end of the tunnel and if its not then someone please give me a hint as to what kind of maths where talking about, it will help me a great deal for example ease the pressure on my poor brain and calm my poor nerves.:banghead:

I would be greatful for any one responding, thank you very much for taking the time to read my email. now help meeeeeeee.:mad: ................just kidding

Please :blush::p :hyper:
    This thread is dead.
    Sofie wrote:
    This thread is dead.

I've seen 2 or 3 dead threads pulled up today tbh, what's going on, are our lives repeating themselves? :razz:
    its just basic math i think as long as you got gcse math its at that level. can i ask whan mail centre you applied?