Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Changing The Mobo @ GFX

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well im playing more and more Steam client games these days and Half Life 2 Is complaing that i dont have good enough specs so here are my current
( See Attachment )

Im just wondering nearer Xmas time any good motherboards with CPU And a 128 GFX?

Comments

• Options
    So what are you after? A better graphics card would be a good start, but do you want a new processor and motherboard to boot? And what's your budget :). If you want to go high-er end then get yourself a core 2 duo set up - e6300 processor for around £125, motherboard for £80, another £100 on DDR2 RAM, and around £100 for a decent graphics card.

But there are very satisfying options on a more modest budget. And if you've got thousands you can just go crazy :p
  • Options
    Download SiSoft SANDRA and then post your proper system specs using that.
  • Options
  • Options
    easiest thing to do would to to double your RAM (if you have spare slots) and buy a geforce 7600GT, which is a decent midrange card that's pretty good for the price. (I'm assuming your current motherboard is agp rather than pci express here)

I did this recently, made a great difference :)
  • Options
    Well i have laptop at the moment Dell Insprion 6400 :)

And this computer is like years years old! So i just want to up the Processer And GFX And mabye memory, so im just saying should i get a whole new motherboard with a good onboard gfx or buy like a bundle

This is for xmas :chin:
  • Options
    i recently doubled my RAM from 512 to 1gig, made a massive improvement, really pleased, best thing i cudve done with £70.
  • Options
    It depends, If it is really really old then you are going to have problems upgrading and getting any real performance out of it. You could do with knowing everything that's inside like I said, so you know what is worth upgrading and what isn't.
  • Options
    i recently doubled my RAM from 512 to 1gig, made a massive improvement, really pleased, best thing i cudve done with £70.

I just got my 512 mb memory from Cruical im now running at 1024
  • Options
    I recently got a new MB and geforce 7950GT, which is funky.

However it looks like AMD don't make socket 939 CPUs any more, so I may be a bit stuck when it comes to upgrade that.