Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bank charging you? Claim it back!

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    To be honest my_name, who really gives a shit whether or not we should manage our money better?

The charges are UNLAWFUL & UNENFORCEABLE - The banks know this yet they continue to impose the charges! Why should there be a law for the banks and a law for everyone else?

The systems are quite capable of just refusing a transaction if neccesary so they don't even need to let people go over their limits etc if not...
    My friend did what Kermit said to do, about his £230 charges with the Halifax. They've written back offering £100 refund but, as they obviously admit some form of liabillity, he's going to push for the full £230.
    I think you'll find his offer of £100 will clearly state no liability.

He should write back accepting the £100 as partial payment and inform that he will continue to seek the rest of the money out.
    The banks will fob you off with reduced offers, trying to cut their losses, but theyu are liable for the full whack and so everyone should go for the full whack.

They should, however, accept it as partial payment, and make Halifax pay it into their account as an interim payment.
    Kermit wrote:
    The banks will fob you off with reduced offers, trying to cut their losses, but theyu are liable for the full whack and so everyone should go for the full whack.

They should, however, accept it as partial payment, and make Halifax pay it into their account as an interim payment.

beat you :thumb:
    beat you :thumb:

lol

Yeah, that's what he's done. So we shall see what happens.
    sorry to drag this thread up but after my mum came home crying a few weeks ago because of all the snowballing charges she'd received i remembered this thread and printed out those template letters from that Consumer Action Group forum. we sent them off and today she received a letter saying that she will recieve a refund for the all of the £320 worth of charges

so thanks! :D:D
    wicked!
    lipsy wrote:
    she will recieve a refund for the all of the £320 worth of charges

Hurrah :thumb:

Just an update on my mate too. He got all his charges back from the Halifax, so he did it with Barclays too, got all his charges back there AND a £60 'apology' :D
    lipsy wrote:
    she will recieve a refund for the all of the £320 worth of charges

so thanks! :D:D

You're welcome. Everyone should do it.

Doesn't the beer you drink on that money taste so much better? you know you beat the cunts- fantastic!
    I got charged once, but it was about 8 years ago.
    I am being charged £10 for going £2 over due to not having enough money to pay for it.