Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pedestrians

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can't live with them, can't live without them.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    moron drivers, can't live with them, can't live without them :)
    Should be locked up, those sick perverts! Kill the pedo.
    There was some mad bast walking along the sliproad this morning on my way to work, keys in one hand, lunch in another, was amazed.
    I hate pedestrians. A pedestrian made me fail my driving test. (OK, it didn't really but if they hadn't of stepped out into the road I wouldn't have to have stopped and the examiner wouldn't have taken the controls off of me, without even seeing if I was capable of reacting myself)
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I fucking hate drivers who blatantly ignore fucking zebra crossings.

In the last week a fucking copper and a fucking learner driver did it to me. I gave them both salutes to show my angry at their sheer incompetence.
    JsT wrote:
    I fucking hate drivers who blatantly ignore fucking zebra crossings.

Oh fun. I thought deer crossings were fun enough. What does the picture look like?
    Please don't get me started on drivers... Have nearly got run over several times because some of them are too blind and stupid to look where they're going.
    Sofie wrote:
    Please don't get me started on drivers... Have nearly got run over several times because some of them are too blind and stupid to look where they're going.

So you're either saying that a driver has mounted the pavement in a reckless or deliberate attempt to kill you, or that you've walked into the road in front of a car expecting it to stop.

Which was it?

Personally I think some cyclists are the worst offenders for being shit road users.
    Mist - what happened was basically me crossing over and seeing that there were no cars coming and then someone just speeds in front of me. Had this happen far too many times. I always look left & right before I cross and still nearly get hit by someone...
    Let's be honest here, pedestrians do not exist to drivers, end of story.

I have first hand experience of this EVERY single day.

As irritating as pedestrians can be in their own right, at least one bumping into you wont kill you...
    The next time a cocky teenage streetrat steps out into the road in front of me and looks at me as if they just expect that I'll give them all the time they need, I swear to God I'll run them over.

Roads are for cars. :grump:
    kaffrin wrote:
    The next time a cocky teenage streetrat steps out into the road in front of me and looks at me as if they just expect that I'll give them all the time they need, I swear to God I'll run them over.

Aye, that's annoying.
    Other pedestrians get in the way of me when I'm walking.

Especially old people.

If they aint blocking the pavement walking at 0.000001mph when you're in a rush, they're taking ages at the checkout in Tesco when they're buying their messages - "Ooooh, now let me see what I've got in my purse", then empty half their purse onto the black conveyer belt thing. Fuck right off.

The only drivers that bother me are moronic boy racers and taxi drivers who take the scenic route :yeees:
    kaffrin wrote:

If you hit more than one in one go you get double points
    Other pedestrians get in the way of me when I'm walking.

I hate that, especially when they're just taking all of the pavement so that I either have to walk very slow or step on to the road and walk around them.

What is it with people and walking right in the middle of the pavement?
    my_name wrote:
    If you hit more than one in one go you get double points :p

Well, my brakes are not that good. If you know what I mean.

:chin:
    I prefer to zig-zag.
    When I'm walking on a narrow pavement, there always has to be a pedestrian in my way, walking slower than my grand-mother. So... inconsiderate.
    haha... i'm not sure what you are trying to get at but yes... a pedestrians are here to stay
    kaffrin wrote:

That's the spirit!

A big phat shout out to the 12-year-old at the end of my street who tried to play chicken and then bricked it when they realised I was speeding up, not slowing down. Trying to nonchalantly run out of the way with a sewage works in your pants isn't a good look.
    kaffrin wrote:
    Well, my brakes are not that good. If you know what I mean.

:chin:

Hey, sometimes it happens. And when the car puts itself into reverse...
    Women in purple are also good points.