Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

No heating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's freezing and I'm going to freeze in the shower. We've got a bloke coming to look at the boiler about 6pm but until then brrrr.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It wouldnt cross my mind to have the heating on yet, its not anywhere near cold enough. I had my window's open most of last night.
    It's freezing here! Even my boyfriend (who will rant at me "It's NOT cold, get thicker skin") wants the heating switched on in our bedroom tonight.

Our heating at home plays up though unfortunetly. We get a 5 minute burst of heat every 2 hours. This is thanks to my dad's DIY skills last time the boiler broke.
    rachie004 wrote:
    it's not even that cold - I'm sat with my windows open :D

Exactly, you young kids dont know you're born, when I was younger we didnt even have heat, let alone a shower, in fact the concept of heat wasnt invented till I was in long trousers.
    My house is freezing.
    I was forced to put my heating on yesterday not becuase i was cold but because my bloody clothes wouldn't dry - but yes its now off and i can quite happily say i was very warm and tosty.

My office however is another matter i fear whilst in the summer it was hotter in here than it was on the tube in the winter its now colder than it is outside - what fun - I can't wait until it actually gets cold - i'm already wearing my coat.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Our Rayburn boliers fucked at the moment but their just too expensive too repair. We've got a solid fuel burner and a whole forest of wood to keep us going though.
    Weekender Offender 
    If your cold put on some warmer clothes and stop complaining
    [/my dad]
    :p
    my_name wrote:
    If your cold put on some warmer clothes and stop complaining
    [/my dad]
    :p

Which is exactly what I have done. This is also why I am wearing a scarf, because the dog insists on having the back door open (which is literally right next to me) :D
    It's warm still, I've had to open the office windows to get some air in.

Everyone else is whining about how old it is, but do I care?
    I much prefer sitting feeling cold so i can warm myself up rather than feeling like i'm overheating and find it harder to cool myself down. I've never worn jumpers in my life when i go out just a tshirt and thin jacket.

Cold is so much better
    Could I borrow someone's heat please?
    We havent had our heating on since about March, Im still sleeping on top of my duvet at night in fact. You can come stay with me Lea :p
    edn1 wrote:
    I much prefer sitting feeling cold so i can warm myself up rather than feeling like i'm overheating and find it harder to cool myself down.

Me too i can't stand being hot.
    paying utilities is the worst
    My mum gave in and put the heating on tonight, because my sister was whinging :rolleyes:
    My mum made me puit our heating on (even though it DOESN'T WORK..... ) because she's scared that because it's gone from being rather warm to cold and wet in less than a week, the house might get damp and smell. And the dog wasnt allowed the back door open because it was raining.

So I didn't have to wear my scarf after all :D The boyfriends just turned his radiator on though.
    I can't wait till it actually gets cold and stays cold, it's all this temperature change shit that's making me ill.

:(
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    It's warm still, I've had to open the office windows to get some air in.

Everyone else is whining about how old it is, but do I care?
    Damn well you should! If it's old it might collapse!