Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

No replies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm a student looking for some part time work to fit around my studies. I've applied for a few jobs, mainly waitressing, which i've done plenty of before and I know I can do quite easily.

noone's called me back! and i'm previously not the sort of person to go bugging them about it... but i could easily do this job and i'd also enjoy it. and it'd fit around my studies and give me that extra bit of finance.

has anyone got any suggestions about this situation? should i call up and ask or would that be a turn off?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Go in and ask the manager in person. Talk confidently, and make a joke / get on with them, and they're about 12341232x more likely to employ you, because IME most managers are more interested in people they like than the best possible candidate for the job (i.e. not me ;)).

Best of luck :)
    As someone once told me:
    It's easier for managers to be rude to you (as in not informing you that you have no job) than to just tell you that you have no job; they probably see alot of people for interviews and don't have the time to phone everyone up and just tell them they haven't got the job.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Either phone or go in to speak to the manager about the position and if he has got your application form. Be proactive. What's the worst that can happen? (S)He tells you that you haven't got the job. But hopefully he will sense your keenness and keep you on record. I don't think it would be a turn off tbh.
    If you are polite and pleasant when chasing up applications, it's not a turn off. Most employers value keeness :)

Don't feel disheartened by the lack of replies, that happens a lot. If you keep applying, something will turn up!