Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How did the World Trade Center buildings collapse?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Depends what you mean by freefall, the timescale they come down in was closer to that of the freefall you get from blowing out each floor in very rapid succession than it was to that which you would expect to a building collapsing from fire damage.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    What it was is:

They were really made of glue, string, and modelling putty, and didn't exist. They were just mock-ups.

The people who worked there were actually in a big underground bunker planning ways for the government to get reasons to attack countries with oil.

So the flew some R/C planes into the big model buildings and they fell down and hey said people had died 'n stuff so the public was outraged. They blamed Afghanistan and invaded and then said Iraq was bad too and helped the Taliban, when it turned up thier original excuse was a lie.

So, there you have it. I hacked this off the CIA's computers! ITS TRUE!!!!!!

:yes:
    budda wrote:
    I think the more obvious question is, if they were brought down by the government what exactly does it change?
    It would prove that 9/11 was a false flag operation, and would expose a very sinister agenda of global domination.

To begin with I didn't believe the conspiracy theories about the 9/11 attack and the 7/7 bombings. I still am extremely skeptical, but I have been forced to admit recently that there is something to the argument that they were inside jobs.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    What it was is:

They were really made of glue, string, and modelling putty, and didn't exist.
    Or sand, as the case might be...

WTC_sandcastle.jpg
    Aladdin wrote:
    Or sand, as the case might be...

WTC_sandcastle.jpg
    ...what der shit?
    It's a sandcastle made by a sandcastle sculptor in India after 9/11, and it was a tribute to the victims (rather than a celebration of the atrocity).
    Aladdin wrote:
    It's a sandcastle made by a sandcastle sculptor in India after 9/11, and it was a tribute to the victims (rather than a celebration of the atrocity).
    :lol: sweet. It was just such a strange picture I didn't know what tio make of it.
    Aladdin wrote:

Wasn't that the one where some tabloid got upset about the 'Arabs' (those guys are wearing turbans, they must be arabs!) celebrating 11/9?

I might be talking bollocks though but I am sure there was something like that somewhere........
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Sand, eh?

911bird_250.gif

AND if it was the Government, it changes everything, doesn't it?

You went to war on false pretences (Illegal). Your people were killed by thier own government in the most terrible way, and then lied about. People were falsley accused of commiting an appaling crime.

Your own soldiers have been dying for no reason.

You have distrubed the whole Middle East and made it unstable.

Because... your government said so.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Sand, eh?

AND if it was the Government, it changes everything, doesn't it?

You went to war on false pretences (Illegal). Your people were killed by thier own government in the most terrible way, and then lied about. People were falsley accused of commiting an appaling crime.

Your own soldiers have been dying for no reason.

You have distrubed the whole Middle East and made it unstable.

Because... your government said so.

Well, yes. But its a pretty big 'if'
    I thought building of such size are designed to cave inwards as to prevent any possibility of them falling sides should their be a structural flaw or some form of fire or bombing or need to demolish them, there fore once the planes hit, that in itself damaging the support structure, the engine fuel igniting and causing a massive wave of heat to melt the already damaged support frame, the upper flaws collapsed purely because of their own weight on a weakened structure and then, what happened is what was designed to happen to save the surrounded area, the buildings collapsed down and inward not sides way into other buildings.

It seems logical, and most likely.
    Thet catch is that there was nothing there in the official story that generates enough heat to melt what the supports were supposedly made up, which implies a) some kind of cover up for cheap manufacture or b) extra heat source ie. explosives.
    That's bollocks too.
    Go and look up the properties of structural steel, then look up the temperature things burn at.
    Steel bends when it gets very hot y'know.
    Not enough to come down like that it don't, it may buckle a little, it doesn't melt like it did unless you get it seriously hot.
    Are you a structural engineer?
    Not yet
    Not enough to come down like that it don't, it may buckle a little, it doesn't melt like it did unless you get it seriously hot.

Why do you think the second tower that was hit came down first? If you look you will see the plane hit midway down the tower, whilst the other building was struck near the top. The beams warping on the second tower came under alot more stress than the first, with all the extra weight, they gave way.
    Not yet

Maybe when you are one, you'll stop being so gullible.

Read this
    http://www.911myths.com/html/wtc_molten_steel.html
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Sand, eh?

911bird_250.gif

Haha... ace...
    Blagsta wrote:
    Maybe when you are one, you'll stop being so gullible.

Read this
    http://www.911myths.com/html/wtc_molten_steel.html

You believe your sources, I'll believe mine. There's nothing that's a particularly credible source on that site and there were some very high level academics at the presentation I went to who's only intention in life was to play with the numbers.
    Blagsta wrote:
    There's also a strand which seeks to blame the Jews and ZOG.

Like the SEC is doing with Jacob Coby Alexander ?
    It would prove that 9/11 was a false flag operation, and would expose a very sinister agenda of global domination.

To begin with I didn't believe the conspiracy theories about the 9/11 attack and the 7/7 bombings. I still am extremely skeptical, but I have been forced to admit recently that there is something to the argument that they were inside jobs.

But everyone know's we went to war on false evidence already, hell the British government just downloaded their evidence from the net. No one cares!

And what evidence about 7/7? There are eye witnesses of people who watched them do it, unless they were really dedicated MI5 agents I fail to see what conspiricy there can be.
    budda wrote:
    And what evidence about 7/7? There are eye witnesses of people who watched them do it, unless they were really dedicated MI5 agents I fail to see what conspiricy there can be.
    Yep, the government decided to set the whole thing up, along with a video of the terrorists saying "the reason we're going to kill all these people, is because of the British government going to war in Iraq." :chin: Way to get the public behind you, eh?
    You believe your sources, I'll believe mine. There's nothing that's a particularly credible source on that site and there were some very high level academics at the presentation I went to who's only intention in life was to play with the numbers.

Oh dear.
    Oh dear what?

I've looked at the evidence for the various stories and I know what I believe, and I've found credible sources and valid calculations for it. I have no interest in the politics at all, just the engineering and physics.
    Oh dear, you haven't got any critical faculties.
    I've got plenty of critcial faculties thank you very much. I've read most of the US report (which my critical faculties have found to be lacking in many areas), I have looked at the various properties of the materials in various (independant and reputable) data sources and have looked at the designs of the buildings.

I have drawn my own conclusions from all this research that there was more to it than the impact of the planes and the subsequant burning of the stuff that was supposed to be in the buildings and the planes (inlcuding furnishings and jet fuel).

Before you criticise my critical faculties please do enagage your brain. To have decided who to believe (like I stated I had) I must have some critical faculties.

(and if we were going to get picky when the mood takes me I can be a shit hot debater, and I tend to find to win competitions you have to have rather well honed critcal faculties)
    Anyone who thinks the collapse of the WTC had anything to do with anything other than the fact that 2 big fuck off airlines laden with jet fuel crashed into them, has no critical faculties. There is simply no evidence for it being anything other than the result of 2 jets smashing into the buildings.