Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Intel & Vista

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well vista seams to be the topic!

Well on the 14th October which is my birthday ( 15 )
Im going to get some more ram ( 512mb ) Currently have 512 so that will boost it up nicely then im going to REMOVE all my stuff and put my files on another HD then remove everything partition here and there bla bla

What im wondering is Vista Upgrade advisor says that my Wireless wont work,

"Intel PROSet Wireless - Intel Corporation 10.1.0.0

Due to compatibility issues, this program may not work as expected after upgrading to Windows Vista. Please visit the vendor's website for possible solutions. "

And ive been looking but i cant find anything.

Im using - Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software 10.1.0.3

Help Please...

Comments

• Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Vista drivers won't be out for a while. Bad luck I say!

Vista is shite anyway.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

yea, ms hasnt had all the drivers from the different companies, and intel could be one of them to get drivers to them.

Im sure they will have a driver for them by the time it is released, as i think i got the same in my Dell laptop, so it will probably be in all Dell laptops with wireless as well, thats a huge amount of customers to loose for microsoft and Dell.

are you installing a beta?
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

Vista is shite anyway.

How could Vista be any good, XP after 2 Services Pack and years of security updates still lacking... I mean just look at this year, depratment of fucking defense announcing there is serious issues... Few days or weeks ago and other important security patch has been release before it was suppose because the issue was getting more and more exploited....

Microsoft should concentrate and making XP perfect, including x64...

I would be really surprise if Vista sell as much as XP did...
    does proset software work for you? i have 2 independant wireless adapters in my laptop, 1 internal and 1xPCMCIA card. ProSet says 'no supported network adapters found', but then Network Stumbler doesn't recognise them either. i'm getting rubbish wireless performance and it's not the router.

Back on point, i guess Intel will be releasing newer versions, check back regularly.
    Microsoft should concentrate and making XP perfect, including x64...

I would be really surprise if Vista sell as much as XP did...

If you feel so strong go get a bloody job with them.
    I'm moving to mandriva discovery 2007, perhaps... Includes Cedega so can play games!!

Also, Vista is a 'half-way' OS just like Windows 2000 / Windows ME... Not a major 'step'. Read on Wikipedia!! They have left features out on purpose to include in the next version which they are hoping will dominate the market as much as XP. Vista is just a 'cash cow' so to speak...
    CoolMe wrote:
    If you feel so strong go get a bloody job with them.

Oh, so customers aren't allowed to voice thier feelings over new software if it is bad you think?

God forbid you get near the Govt.
    Dp.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Oh, so customers aren't allowed to voice thier feelings over new software if it is bad you think?

Yeah, but its the same thing over and over again, mabye he should email Microsoft saying hey ive got some ideas for your software - He most likely uses it so why not try fix the problem?
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Dp.

Whats this ment to mean?
    You'd be better off with this in the long run Coolme, click - its better than Vista.
    Makoto wrote:
    You'd be better off with this in the long run Coolme, click - its better than Vista.

Any screenies?

I luv my Windows:flirt:
    CoolMe wrote:

Whats this ment to mean?

Double post.

I like Windows. I just dilike how I have to change SO MANY SETTINGS with Regedit and fucking with explorer.exe to get it to run how it should.

They have market dominance. They can release whenever they like. So why release crically flawed software early? It isn't like people are going to buy Mac's or install Linux instead is it?
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Double post.

I like Windows. I just dilike how I have to change SO MANY SETTINGS with Regedit and fucking with explorer.exe to get it to run how it should.

They have market dominance. They can release whenever they like. So why release crically flawed software early? It isn't like people are going to buy Mac's or install Linux instead is it?
    Why bother making things better when people are going to (blindly?) buy them anyway, even if they're shit at parts?
    Fedora, I love it!

http://www.howtoforge.com/image/tid/56

Take it for a test ride, download Vmware Player and create a Linux based virtual machine - www.vmware.com/products/player/
    Download Fedora Core 5 & install on VM player - http://www.fedora.redhat.com/Download/mirrors.html

No need to install on another hard disk ya see, if you don't like it juse delete the VM, no hassle.
    am i 'i836' on this site?
    On what site?