Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

MOT's @ Kwik-Fit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone ever had a MOT done at quickfit? mines due next month and if you book online you can get it for £25, but ive heard so many bad things about kwikfit, like they find problems that were never there etc.. i know my car can pass its MOT first time and i dont want them finding problems and needing re-testing etc.. any advice?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aren't MOTs usually about £25?
    Maybe you would be better off going to a local garage that you cant trust.

Even if its £5 or £10 more, it will give you peace of mind.
    Average MOT price around here is £34 anyway, for that little difference it aint worth it, take ya car somewhere ya know and trust.
    yeah its just that kwik fit do saturday MOTs, i'll have to try and find another that does saturdays.
    Even a dealership garage will do an MoT for £25. It's the new tyres, break pads, engine coolant, cylinder head etc that they suggest you need that will cost the earth.

Unless you know a local garage well or have been recommended one, I'd stick to a moderately sized mechanic.
    getting mine done on friday. :crying:

then i've got to tax the bugger. just hope i can get it all done in 1 day!
    Just to add make sure its a free retest, not all give a free one.
    Fucking hell its at least £40 for an mot in Bristol!!!!!!!!!! :(
    Quickfit MOT
    koe_182 wrote:
    anyone ever had a MOT done at quickfit? mines due next month and if you book online you can get it for £25, but ive heard so many bad things about kwikfit, like they find problems that were never there etc.. i know my car can pass its MOT first time and i dont want them finding problems and needing re-testing etc.. any advice?

We have had our car's MOT carried out by Quickfit fot the last 2 years and have had no trouble at all. The car passed both times without problems (once we needed a couple of tyres). We are booked in again for Thursday 5/10 and don't expect any problems this time either.
    muddah wrote:
    We have had our car's MOT carried out by Quickfit fot the last 2 years and have had no trouble at all. The car passed both times without problems (once we needed a couple of tyres). We are booked in again for Thursday 5/10 and don't expect any problems this time either.

What the fuck is it with dead threads at the moment? This is 12 months old!!
    the price of MOTs has gone up, i think it's £45 now. i'm guessing the same applies everywhere.

my car passed, only needed a new indicator circuit! pretty good for an N reg.

eta: oops! i didn't look at the date. only had my car taxed 3 weeks ago and i did think i don't remember replying to a thread about this..haha.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    i think it's £45 now.

Around that.
    Weekender Offender 
    thanks for reminding me i need my MOT doing, pain in the arse.
    thanks for reminding me i need to tax my car...
    make sure you don't do it late cos they have it all computerised now and know if you haven't taxed it