Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

ffs this is my life atm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
sorry to post a rant of my life atm but i just want to say something to someone.
okay. recently, i.e. within the last month or so: i've gone back to university :( i've suffered two big berevements :( and i've found out that i'm pregnant :crying: ; (please, nobody have a go at me for being gay. this wasn't consentual) i'm going to have a termination and have already booked a first appointment (~ any judgements on that and fu*k you) i'm also drinking loads of alcohol all the time wich i know isn't doing me any good. my head in in such a state. i keep trying to rise above everyhting, but its really really hard. i cannot for the life of me understand how i've had so many major crisis' in such a short space of time... i need a good way of coping because i'm crap at coping... anyone got any ideas? i also need a hug. :crying:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you talked to anyone about this yet or not?
    Sofie wrote:
    Have you talked to anyone about this yet or not?
    not really.
    i did a pregnancy test with a friend and we talked a bit when it showed up positive.
    and i've arranged a consultation appointment with the PAS but other than that, no.
    Oh Otter, Im so sorry to hear youre going through such a shitty time. Just totally not what you need, one thing on top of another :(
    I dont know what advice to give, but just get through it bit by bit, one day/half day at a time.
    I wish I could give you a hug!
    Abbie x
    really don't know what to say. The first thing i'd say would be to go to the police if you've been raped.
    If i got pregnant through rape then i'd be straight down the clinic, i don't think anyone can blame you.
    Hang in there.

I'm not exactly a fountain of wisdom on stuff like this, but if you need to get stuff of your chest then you can PM me if you feel it'd help?
    >>>HUGS<<<

x
    *Hugs*

If you want to seek out help, there should be some kind of support network at your uni... they could probably find you a counsellor if you think that'd help at all... and considering everything you've been through/are going through I'm pretty sure they'd put you at top priority to be seen ASAP.

Other than that... I know everything that's going on is really shitty, and it can be so hard to stay positive, but try to see that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel, and look out for it; because you will come out the other end of it.

And just remember, you ARE coping... it might not feel wonderful because it's bloody though, but just make sure you get support from the places you can and you'll be OK.
    im sorry to hear your havin a hard time otter
    hope you feel better soon
    hey Otter
    Big hugs to you at this difficult time.
    Unfortunately no one can offer a magic coping solution. You've been through lots of traumatic things in a short space of time, so it's completely understandable that you're finding it hard to cope. Try to remember that it's ok to cry and feel crappy - most normal people would do in your position, but also remember that life won't always be like this. Such a cliche I know, but time will help.

It's good that you've got a friend you can trust to open up to. Keep talking to them about how you're feeling and ask them to go with you to any difficult appointments you can't face alone. It sounds to me like you're doing all the right things (talking to people you trust, coming on here etc) - but I guess you won't find solutions at the bottom of the bottle, just put the problems off for a while longer.

As usual, here are some useful links for you:

Dealing with death

TheSite's section on unplanned pregnancy

Hope you're feeling better soon. Take care :)