Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's wrong with my phone battery?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Charged it last week and it was at 4. Switched on later and it was at 6:confused: then I had it on nearly all day today, one minute it's at 2, the next it's at 4.

Anyone know why?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My camera is like that. Turns itself off with a low battery warning, then half an hour later it's fine, with a full battery ??????
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I think this indicates something wrong in the battery's electronic system. Possibly that the battery's beginning to kick the bucket.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    My camera is like that. Turns itself off with a low battery warning, then half an hour later it's fine, with a full battery ??????

Very odd. Was talking to my parents about this earlier, mum said that one time her phone didn't reconise her battery:confused: she turned it off then switched it back on again and it was fine.
  • Options
    Discharge it completely - keep turning it on until it won't power up any more. Then leave it on charge for 4+ hours.

Batteries need to see a complete cycle every now and then, regardless of what the instructions/manufacturers say. :)
  • Options
    Have you been charging it without it running down to zero alot? As some batterys don't like that.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Have you been charging it without it running down to zero alot? As some batterys don't like that.

I've done it once, but the power was down to one and I really needed my phone.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Tweety wrote:
    There's that too, Li-on batteries supposedly can be recharged any time, but Ni-mh ones have to be as empty as possible.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Very odd. Was talking to my parents about this earlier, mum said that one time her phone didn't reconise her battery:confused: she turned it off then switched it back on again and it was fine.

If the phone did not recognise her battery then how could she switch it off :confused: ?
  • Options
    Someone gave me their old Nokia - it behaves very funny when being charged, even when you unplug it form the mains it still thinks it's charging and the battery only lasts 2 days - tried two nokia batteries in it - same effect.

Put the same batteries in a different phone and all is well.
  • Options
    It's a good idea to fully discharge the battery each time - whether Li-ion or not. My phone will last 2 days, maybe 3 if I recharge it when it has less than 20% battery power left. If I wind it all the way down, it'll last 3 days easily - 4 with less than average use, and 5 if nobody phones me. :)

Older phones seemed to be much better on batteries. My old 3510i would go for a week between charges...