Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Londond Metropolitan University

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hello all. For quite some time now, I've been wanting to do a Master's degree in the UK. I found the perfect programme that suits my interests, at London Metropolitan Universtity. But I hadn't heard of that Universtity before, is it good, is it prestigious? There are so many Universities in London, let alone the UK, it's a bit overwhelming.. If you know anything about this Uni, I'll be grateful.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I was a student at London Met briefly a couple of years ago. I ended up leaving after a week for many reasons.

It's not a typical university, in that you have accomodation and a campus and then the main uni buildings all within a certain area.
    With London met, the accomodation blocks are miles apart from each other, and all require either the bus or tube to get to and from.
    The uni itself is split into 2 main sections; London City campus and London North campus so it depends on the course you're studying as to where you'll be.

There's a lot of travelling involved and it's a very 'metropolitan' university so there are LOTS of foreign students - more foreign than english.

I studied at City campus and had accom in Claredale after being transferred from Sir John Cass. Claredale accom doesn't have a common room, whereas Cass does (although the rooms are the size of a cardboard box thus being transferred!).

I wouldn't say it was very prestigious - I can think of better unis to study at!

Not sure if I covered enough really, but any questions, ask away :thumb:
  • Options
    Thanks Ilora... your information is really useful, I don't know anything about it. Browsing through its pages I got the impression that it was focused primarily on architecture over other areas, is that so?
    The course I'm interested in is a MSc in Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health. It's a new course so I won't be able to find out how it went in the past - but mainly if the quality can be trusted in this area of studies. So you say it's not that good then, is it? :chin:
  • Options
    It's not very well equipped, needs updating...
    It's not very well laid out as Ilora explained.
    The SUB is rubbish.

Good transport links though.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    It's not very well equipped, needs updating...
    It's not very well laid out as Ilora explained.
    The SUB is rubbish.

Good transport links though.
    I'm sorry, what's the SUB? :confused:
  • Options
    bluewisdom wrote:
    I'm sorry, what's the SUB? :confused:

student union bar
  • Options
    um yeah i think that people are not too fond with the university, its not too presitgioue, but if they have the course that you like then yeah go for it and do your best. well it not having done it before maybe you can set the standard!!! good luck brither
  • Options
    The Times university league table puts it 90/109. Although league tables are not always a fair reflection.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, you've been really helpful!