Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Increasing my pay and benefits at a review

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive got a pay review next week, so whats the best way to maximise my benefits and pay, how do i negotiate for example and get the best i possible can from the situation.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Threaten to resign?

Note - this is not advice. Do so at your own risk.
    What have you done that makes you think you actually deserve one?

Have the evidence there that you've earnt a rise. If you've saved the company money, get the statistics. If you've been loyal when everyone else has deserted the place, tell them why (usually something about you can see the potential and want to be part of it). If you've improved things, tell them how and what's better about the place now since you changed things.
    Actually im getting it because i completed my 3 months probation, in which i was told when i got the job id get a pay rise after ive completed my probation period. So its not me asking for it, its me being told i'll get one if im kept on, which i assume i am as they havent got rid of me yet and mentioned they'd have the review and discuss my pay rise.
    They are gona sack you and take on someone else for three months at a cheaper rate :)
    NeoNero wrote:
    Actually im getting it because i completed my 3 months probation, in which i was told when i got the job id get a pay rise after ive completed my probation period. So its not me asking for it, its me being told i'll get one if im kept on, which i assume i am as they havent got rid of me yet and mentioned they'd have the review and discuss my pay rise.

If the company frequently take people on on a probation period, they probably have a set salary structure and you'll just go up to a set grade.

I'd still say go in there armed with evidence (on paper or in your head that you can recall when necessary) of why you're a good employee and why they should keep you on (even if they've already made up their minds that you're staying).

If you get told the amount you'll be getting and you don't think it's high enough, you could always try hitting them with the evidence (not literally - that'll do you no favours!) and, if it's good enough, then negotiate another review in a few months time to discuss your progress and another rise.

What is it you do? Just out of curiousity :)
    I'd still say go in there armed with evidence (on paper or in your head that you can recall when necessary) of why you're a good employee and why they should keep you on (even if they've already made up their minds that you're staying).

:yes: i agree. and a previous manager of mine advised me that its good if you can show how you are doing more than your job description as well as how you are doing the job description well.