Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I Want My Money !!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Anyone still waiting on loans and grants? I just cannot wait!!!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    depends when you enrolled. i enrolled last thursday so i have my loan already.
    twas mondayyy which day did u get yours through?
    Did you not get your payment schedule? That should tell you when, as long as your uni processed your enrollment on time....
    As I now understand it, this is how the system works. Before starting for university, you should have received a payment schedule letter. This tells you what you are entitled to, the dates of which these payments will be made, and the details of the bank account to which they will be paid into. If any of those details are wrong, or you haven't received a payment schedule letter, contact your LEA immediately. You need to take this letter to enrolment at your faculty, and they will get in touch with the Student Loans Company to make sure you and they get their money.

I only know this now. My LEA completely cocked-up my application. Apparently, they got back to me in early September claiming I had not requested a tuition fee loan or a student loan. That meant filling in the same paperwork again. I'm sure that most payments will have gone through okay, but mistakes can happen. If in any doubt, check with your LEA and the Student Loans Company themselves.
    Dianne1985 wrote:
    twas mondayyy which day did u get yours through?

i got mine tuesday.

they say it takes 3-5 working days. i've generally always got my first one around 3 working days after enrolling.
    haven't even got my payment schedule yet. Fucking SLC and Hampshire County Council are all fucking retards.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I managed to get mine on time.

Miracles will never cease. Took them till November last year!
    i enrolled wednesday and got my loan friday
    Every year mine is late! This year is no different :impissed:

Ahh well if i haven't got the money I can't spend it!
    According to my loan summary I'll get mine on the 9th October. Fingers crossed!
    Maybe my LEA have some type of organisation going on, but I've never had a problem with mine. In fact, mine came 2 days early this time.
    Mines gonna come on the 2nd hopefully, an a massive chunk of it will go out that day too £800 of it, stupid rent :impissed:
    I rang the finance people today and the automated told me that i would get it on 3rd october. Praying now that it will be early but not holding much hope! Still, should be thankful to get anything i suppose!
    I wish I had a loan that worked like yours :grump: Mine just goes from the bank to the school and I get a letter saying that the school recieved my loan. Its not fair, I want to be temporarly rich!
    I got mine. Over £1,400. Haha loving it! :D
    i know how you feel i havn't even recieved my schedule ! i checked it up on the net and they've had my information for over a month and there still putting it in the system ! ffs! a sloth could get this done quicker than them !:mad:
    I'm still waiting for a grant from September 2005. WANKERS!
    :crazyeyes

this is one part of university i am not looking forward to!
    i got a letter thingy saying take this to enrollment after i'd enrolled.