Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

gettin hit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well here goes it all started a while back wen we had a row, bottom line is i went phsyco on him just petty slpppin around his arm then he slaps me around the face! few nights back he was winding me up non stop then i flipped and stated shouting we mad up and then i started messing around and he couldnt take it so he hit me i hit him back so he kicked me in the arm! is it my fault because i hit him first or does it not make it right for him 2 hit me back!!! i dont know what to do he scares me but i dont want to lose him as im in the wrong!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i dont think you're in the wrong. a bloke should never hit a woman - its completely wrong. let alone a woman he's having a relationship with.
    If you're scared of him, you should seriously consider why you're with him, imo.
    You both sound a bit mental to me.
    You've opened the boundaries for hitting each other.
    You both need to have a serious word and both agree to stop.
    If he doesn't stop I'd get out of there straight away. You must stop too.
    I reckon it was just in the heat of the argument that you hit him but it wasn't cool for him to hit you in the face. its NEVER cool for a man to hit a woman!
    its NEVER cool for a man to hit a woman!

Nor the other way round.
    true
    VinylVicky wrote:
    You've opened the boundaries for hitting each other.
    You both need to have a serious word and both agree to stop.
    If he doesn't stop I'd get out of there straight away. You must stop too.
    :yes:
    Youre both in the wrong and its dodgy ground. You both need to stop.
    ur just as bad as him, treat others as u would like to be treated......
    You can't hit someone and then try and claim the moral high ground about it.

You hit and you'll get hit.
    well here goes it all started a while back wen we had a row, bottom line is i went phsyco on him just petty slpppin around his arm then he slaps me around the face! few nights back he was winding me up non stop then i flipped and stated shouting we mad up and then i started messing around and he couldnt take it so he hit me i hit him back so he kicked me in the arm! is it my fault because i hit him first or does it not make it right for him 2 hit me back!!! i dont know what to do he scares me but i dont want to lose him as im in the wrong!

Well, in my opinion it's very poor to hit a woman, but fuck you hit first, what did you expect? He buying you some flowers.

Yes, Yes, I know every court on this side of the planet blames the man, but seriously, what did you even think?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    a bloke should never hit a woman - its completely wrong.

There are some circumstances where I'd have no problem - such a recieving a kick in the knackers.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    There are some circumstances where I'd have no problem - such a recieving a kick in the knackers.

depends... if she thought she was "cute" by doing it... well, I give her a lecture.

If a girl smashes a beer bottle and charges me, I have no qualms with giving her a haymaker.
    Skive wrote:

especially if it was unjustified
    As far as I'm concerned, if you hit someone, then you should expect one back. I don't believe in violence at all, but if a woman were to turn violent on me, I'd be more than happy to restrain her. Doubt I could ever hit a woman, but I'd get damned angry if one were to hit me.

Treat others how you expect to be treated yourself. Hit them, expect it back. If they hit you out of the blue, then you should walk.
    StrubbleS wrote:
    depends... if she thought she was "cute" by doing it... well, I give her a lecture.
    If I got hit, anywhere on my me, i woudnt think they were cute (regardless of sex), I'd think they had acute madness. I only ever ever resort to physical contact when I'm touched first and even then it's never been cute!

People only usually resort to this level when they can't think of anything believable left to say!
    That in itself can be rewarding :D
    i think it's a load of bollocks that men shouldn't be able to hit a woman if she hits him. hitting is hitting, imo. you hit him therefore you can't moan that he hit you back. i would however add that men in general are stronger so they need to be careful.
    i would however add that men in general are stronger so they need to be careful.

Agreed.

I also agree that if someone (whether it's a man or a woman) hitd you, then you can hit them back.
    you both need to grow up and leave each other alone tbh

acting like a pair of 5 year olds isn't going to get you anywhere
    VinylVicky wrote:
    If I got hit, anywhere on my me, i woudnt think they were cute (regardless of sex), I'd think they had acute madness. I only ever ever resort to physical contact when I'm touched first and even then it's never been cute!

People only usually resort to this level when they can't think of anything believable left to say!
    That in itself can be rewarding :D

yeah. I didn't say it's less painful/disturbing then, but I meant in a "cute/funny" way, like a tittytwister. I had a girl gave me a kick there when I was in a straddle (hope this is the right word) in PE to expand the muscles, because she thought "haha, look... how funny he is rolling on the ground."

When we played Völkerball (everyone hold on now, the definition of "Völkerball" in english is according to a dictionary the following: game for two teams where the object is to hit an opponent with a ball and thus put him out of the game [sport.]), I fucking decked that hoe tho.
    i think it's a load of bollocks that men shouldn't be able to hit a woman if she hits him. hitting is hitting, imo. you hit him therefore you can't moan that he hit you back. i would however add that men in general are stronger so they need to be careful.

Well that's her problem. If she gives you a slap on your arm you probably won't be giving her 4 knuckles to the jawbone, but still. If she resorts to hitting and aims anywhere on the face, she will have to expect that the man does not particularly try to be tender.
    Kermit wrote:
    You can't hit someone and then try and claim the moral high ground about it.

You hit and you'll get hit.
    :yes: Yep, i agree with this!
    I agree you should never hit anyone without expecting one back, regardless of the sex of either of you. I would have no worries about smacking a girl who punched me in the face.
    Although saying that not too long ago I took a right hook and had a wine bottle thrown at me by a girl and I just grabbed her and threw her away from me, well done me lol
    Although saying that not too long ago I took a right hook and had a wine bottle thrown at me by a girl and I just grabbed her and threw her away from me, well done me lol

What did you do to deserve that? :chin: :p

I agree with the concensus that you're both as bad as each other. If you both cut it out it'll be fine. Make love, not war ;)
    briggi wrote:
    What did you do to deserve that? :chin: :p
    One of them stupid physcho bitches who say they don't want you but then kick off when your in bed with someone else, make your mind up for fucks sake lol
    how is it not fair for a man to hit a woman but for a women to hit a man ? you cant expect him to take it and not react. in my eyes if you hit a man be prepared for a wack back
    I agree.

Just stop hitting him!
    I thin some of you are a bit weird. Since when did two wrongs make a right? If someone hits you, it doens't mean you then have the right to hit them back!
    katralla wrote:
    I thin some of you are a bit weird. Since when did two wrongs make a right? If someone hits you, it doens't mean you then have the right to hit them back!

No, but it does mean that the person who hits first should button it instead of trying to claim that they are a victim of DV with the moral high ground.
    That's exactly it - too many women use the "you can't hit me cos I'm a girl" thing as an excuse to hit men.

IMO if you hit someone whatever their gender, you've no right not to expect them to hit you back.
    For crying out loud, grow up. You dont hit people, its violent and encourages the same action back.
    You should not be hitting him, and he should not hit you.
    Fair enough, if people are angry, some can only take so much frustration, but for gods sake, hit a wall or pillow, not eachother.
    I dont believe it hitting anyone (male/female) and if your hitting him first, your probably making him more angry and provoking him to hit you.
    So both of you pack it in and get some counselling!