Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Headache

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been getting a headache constantly for the last 3 days. I'm keeping hydrated and my diet hasn't changed but they hurt so bad. I take some tylenol and 4-6 hours later when it wears off the headache is back. Take more tylenol, goes away, 4-6 hours its back. I've tried cold compress, sleep... Is this some new bug going around or what. Anybody had the constant headache? Any remides for it?

Comments

• Options
    my_name wrote:
    I've been getting a headache constantly for the last 3 days. I'm keeping hydrated and my diet hasn't changed but they hurt so bad. I take some tylenol and 4-6 hours later when it wears off the headache is back. Take more tylenol, goes away, 4-6 hours its back. I've tried cold compress, sleep... Is this some new bug going around or what. Anybody had the constant headache? Any remides for it?

might be migraine, i.e. the blood vessels in your brain are too tight and produce pressure when blood is flowing through.

Is the headache localized, like behind the eyes, or on the forehead region?
  • Options
    Not a migraine, but it is mostly in the back of my head, ear level and down and down my neck.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Not a migraine, but it is mostly in the back of my head, ear level and down and down my neck.

it could be a lot of things.
    My wisdomteeth started hurting at ear level and neck, but I could distinguish it from a headache.

Since you work and are outside of the house it can't be lack of oxygen.

Maybe get it checked with an doctor.

If you don't have vertigo, high temperature and nausea it doesn't sound acute and dangerous, but still...
  • Options
    Wisdom teeth are already gone. I think I'm just allergic to school. Can you get headaches from straining your eyes too much? I was suggested that cuz in the last 2 weeks I've spent alot more time on the computer and reading?
    Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Wisdom teeth are already gone. I think I'm just allergic to school. Can you get headaches from straining your eyes too much? I was suggested that cuz in the last 2 weeks I've spent alot more time on the computer and reading?
    Thanks for your help.

yes it can. I sometimes have headache from using the pc for too long, but you usually can tell if it's from that. (when it starts when sitting in stuffy room infront of the screen, but gets better when you walk around get fresh air etc.)

It does not sound harmful, just keep hydrated and get fresh oxygen... If it does persis 4 more days (so around a week), get it checked with a doctor.

If you get vertigo, abnormal high temperature, nausea, and sluggishness, go the the doctor asap.
  • Options
    As it's at the back of your head, it sounds as though it's a stress headache. The muscles at the back of your neck and sometimes your shoulders are too tense, causing pressure further up thus causing pain. I get them a lot. A good soak in the bath or a massage is good. Sometimes though i need medication so i either get a mild muscle relaxant like diazepam 2mg or a painkiller with muscle relaxing/anti imflammatory qualities like Dicloflex (brand name) I don't know about the US, but i need a scrip off my doctor to get these two drugs.
  • Options
    it might be because of school. when i started work again i got headaches for the first week because i wasn't used to getting up early and concentrating! also sitting in front of a computer all day isn't good for your eyes.

it may also be a virus -sometimes they can just cause headaches.

if its not gone away but the end of the week i would go see a doctor.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    might be migraine, i.e. the blood vessels in your brain are too tight and produce pressure when blood is flowing through.

Is the headache localized, like behind the eyes, or on the forehead region?

I get headaches behind my eyes, I went to the doc and all i got was a I dunno shoulder shrug.

useless NHS !!!

So what does it imply ?
  • Options
    Sammy2006 wrote:
    I get headaches behind my eyes, I went to the doc and all i got was a I dunno shoulder shrug.

useless NHS !!!

So what does it imply ?

Puuh, I'm not a doctor myself, but I had that when I had a - I translate literally now - "forehead cavity inflammation". It can be some sort of ophtalmic migraine, if it comes in waves.

Is your view skewed? Do you see coloury veils?
  • Options
    One more question, since I'm here... this question people may have some helpful experience with... Was thinking of a nice hot bath or having somebody massage my neck for the tension, and the thoughts of that it was just too much strain on my eyes and then I had myself a tripple carmel macchiato and several sips into it the headache was gone and didn't return all night. It hadn't been gone for several days as I said and I also thought to myself that, damn, I have not had barely any coffee and only a couple pieces of chocolate in the last couple days either. Related? Maybe :chin: So, any tips on how to overcome the dreaded caffeine withdrawls? I rarely drink it in the first place but about the last 3-4 weeks I have been on quite a binge of it.
  • Options
    To drill a hole in the roof of your head to release the evil spirits usually helps.
  • Options
    I think you need to ease off the caffine slowly. A total break from it will cause withdrawl. Maybe just have one regular coffee each day, then one every other day, then every 3 days etc...

I hope you feel better soon. I get a headache everyday and it's a nightmare. Mine are usually at the front of my head though and the doctor reckons it's sinusitus (sp?). Rubbish!
  • Options
    When I was younger I used to have terrible migranes - all the time... Got prescribed some beta blockers, sorted my head out after a few months.

Thankfully I don't have to take 'em anymore, things drain the energy outta ya something shocking.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Obecalp - best treatment for you I recknon. :thumb:
    Weekender Offender