Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

BF wants to find biological father

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfriend wants to find his father, but I'm not entirely sure that would be a good idea. Until a few years ago, my boyfriend didn't even know that he was still alive and from the way he talks about his dad sometimes, it sounds like he slightly blames him for stuff now and then. Plus, I find it weird that she never had him put on the birth certificate and she gave him her lat name. Those actions really don't mean anything, but I'm just worried that he's going to find something he didn't want to find. He does have his dad's social security card (not sure how that happened...) so he could probably find him.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my boyfriend doesn't know his biological dad either, if he wants to find him then thats up to him. It's better to find him and regret it than always wondering 'what if'
    he doesn't even have to have anything to do with him if he doesn't want to
    yeah why he's talking about this with his 'GF' is beyond me. like you could appreciate what he's thought about on this matter
    Dingbatty wrote:
    yeah why he's talking about this with his 'GF' is beyond me. like you could appreciate what he's thought about on this matter
    wtf?
    Dingbatty wrote:
    :confused:
    I think as Ballerina said, if he feels he needs to do it, then youre not gonna stop him. You just need to support him, whatever the outcome.
    It might turn out fine.
    Pocky wrote:
    My boyfriend wants to find his father, but I'm not entirely sure that would be a good idea..

I say so what ..

Better to find out who the guy is, maybe meet him then leave it until it's too late and he's 6 feet under and never have the chance.
    Dingbatty wrote:
    Too bad that in my relationships, my boyfriend and I are more than fuck buddies.

Plus, I shortened 'boyfriend' down to 'BF' for the sake of keeping the title short. No where in the actual post do I use text speak.

Well, I talked to him today about it and he said that he doesn't really want to find him because he hopes that his father is dead.