Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fuck buddies: for life or just for Christmas?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What's this with people saying fuck buddy relationships never work? In my experience by their very nature they are short term affairs (no pun intended) until the excitement wears thin or your circumstances change.

Do people really enter into a fuck buddy relationship thinking it will last forever? What's the longest anyone's had a regular fuck buddy for?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Depends on your definition I guess, one of my mates and I tumble into bed occasionally and have done on and off for the last 4 years.
    I think when people say they don't work, they mean that one party usually ends up getting emotionally attached, not that they always break up.
    I had a fuck buddy on and off for 2 years, we went our separate ways when he was planning to leave the country.
    Have had two, both lasted just a few months until other commitments (i.e. proper relationships) meant that they stopped.

They are fun while they last provided that you both understand the ground rules going in. No falling in love.
    Haha weirdo! Yeh the only time fuck buddies are available is 26 December-24th December, Santa steals them for his dirty desires that other day of the year, yeh you know it!
    reverse physcology divdeded by an elephant

ayaye

ayaye

ayaye

ayaye

ayaye

ayaye
    Umm... right.
    funny i should see this thread- only recently got myself a fuck buddy. this week infact... im chuffed about the situation really,, i mean its sex on tap after all
    however already things are starting to go a bit wrong- this lad gets jealous really easily and im now know as 'Bob's Girl ' ( ha obviously his name isnt bob but yno...).
    now is it me thats got it all wrong here, because i thought a fuck buddy was someone to fuck, and thats it.. you can still pull other people, fuck other people etc etc???
    and i think fuck buddies could last as long as both parties dont become emotionally attatched..
    but yeah any thoughts welcome please.
    well if you have actually had a conversation with him and agreed that you're just fucking, then he's being a bit weird I guess.
    but if you haven't said anything, and are just assuming it's a sex only rship then i think he's got the wrong end of the stick, so to speak.
    I had a fairly intense fuck buddy-ship, cos he was one of my best mates and it ended up basically turning into an open relationship. That was for 8 months and then he turned into a cunt :p
    thing with fuck buddies- they serve a purpose and im all for them but you need to both know what "rules" are, like are they going get pissed of if your of with someone else and that
    So many turn into an open relationship with one side wanting more
    But well worth having one everyone would be so much happier!