Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what would you call this look?

hey guys

Just thought about getting some new gear and was wondering what it would look like. I probably won't get the skinny jeans because it would highlight my limp and im probably not skinny enough to wear them.

Just looking for style tips really, not out of vanity or anything.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i personally would call it foul, but it seems to be the trend for young, skinny lads lately

if u like it, who gives a toss what we thing or what the look is called!
  • Options
    Gay but each to their own I suppose.
  • Options
    I like the t-shirts, and the cons are passable (would be much better without that print) but whenever I see a bloke in skinny jeans I laugh so hard I need to sit down for a rest afterwards.
  • Options
    if u want to know what the look will look like, take a walk outside, you'll see plenty of emo/geek-look wannabe's
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    I like the t-shirts, and the cons are passable (would be much better without that print) but whenever I see a bloke in skinny jeans I laugh so hard I need to sit down for a rest afterwards.
    ditto x
  • Options
    he he...

as I said, probably wont get the drainpipes because of, well you know....
    the shirts are getting bought but im not sure about the converse.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:

:yes:

Drainpipe jeans look godawful on anyone and everyone.

But if you like it, then wear away.
  • Options
    well there is a plus to wearing skinny jeans. you can score with emo chicks!

seriously, upon closer thought, fudge the skinny's and get bootcuts instead.
  • Options
    Geek Chic (without the chic tbh)

You'll just look like a fool to put it blatently, like an albino kid who spends his days playing tetris and trying to hack into the pentagon.
  • Options
    Loose fitting jeans look better.
  • Options
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Geek Chic (without the chic tbh)

You'll just look like a fool to put it blatently, like an albino kid who spends his days playing tetris and trying to hack into the pentagon.
    :lol:

Its good to be home....

cheers for you input guys, you saved me a bit of bother/embarressment/money
  • Options
    Them converse are shite and something I imagine Avril Lavine would wear to be down with the kids!
  • Options
    I like the Mario t-shirt. That's about it though.
  • Options
    upon even closer thought, may not get any converse as they wear out too quick.

I like the shirts though.
  • Options
    I used to own the know your roots shirt, but in white, until I mixed it with a hot pink towel in the laundry and dried it...

If that doesn't scare you off the look.

And I'm with kaffrin on the men (anybody really) in skinny jeans. And converse make me want to gouge my eyes out also.
  • Options
    hey guys

Just thought about getting some new gear and was wondering what it would look like. I probably won't get the skinny jeans because it would highlight my limp and im probably not skinny enough to wear them.

Just looking for style tips really, not out of vanity or anything.

Can't say it appeals to me straight away, But i'd like to see it all together
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    And converse make me want to gouge my eyes out also.

:yes:

Loadajank.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    thought u were leaving thesite johnny? or maybe i imagined that thread...dunno i'm drunk right now
    anyway yeah, wear what you like not what everyone else is wearin

emo's are fucking gimps, imo. pretentious chumpsters
  • Options
    those jeans look like tescos value ones, so you could save yourself a few quid and get the £4 ones if thats the look youre after.
    I dont mind the other stuff though. Its inoffensive. I wouldnt be going "wow, thats sexy" or anything though. Id go for some better jeans with it tho
  • Options

whats that got to do with the thread?
  • Options
    Not keen on the style personally but each to their own.
    The mario t-shirt with broken print is alright, still dont think i'd wear it myself though.
    If its the gemo style you're after just get yourself down to topman, that shop only seems to sell emo and indie style stuff nowadays.

As for converse getting battered easily - thats the beauty of them! They look rubbish when they're fresh and clean, so much better when they get worn in a bit!
  • Options
    a mario tshirt, skinny jeans and converse together equals a scene kid to me :p however i find that look quite nice. without the skinny jeans.

definitely get some converse :thumb: but not those printed ones, they're a bit too wannabe. normal coloured ones are the best.
  • Options
    thought u were leaving thesite johnny? or maybe i imagined that thread...dunno i'm drunk right now
    anyway yeah, wear what you like not what everyone else is wearin

I meant go away for a while but then I got lonely.
  • Options
    aww, well youre welcome to stay johnny! :)
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    As for converse getting battered easily - thats the beauty of them! They look rubbish when they're fresh and clean, so much better when they get worn in a bit!
    :yes: I HATE brand new Converse. Unfortunately I may find it necessary to buy a new pair soon :(.

And mine have lasted longer than any of my other shoes, even if they are slightly scruffy. I wear them all the time, and there was a point where they were the only shoes I ever wore for about 6 months. I :heart: my Converse :D.

I like the shirts, but the jeans...no. Drainpipes = nasty. I know ONE person that looks passable in drainpipes, but that's 'cause his legs are so skinny they don't look like drainpipes on him.
  • Options
    I like the shirts (but I'am a nintendo girl at heart) maybe not the converse, there are nicer trainers out there. And no skinny jeans please, they just dont look nice on anyone. You just have to try loads on til you find a style that looks good and fits well. Without seeing a pic of you its a bit hard to give exact advice.
  • Options
    Mario shirt is kinda cool, jeans are GAF though, but like your other fella said - each to their own.