Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hi never been on a date and a virgin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya my problem is that im going on a date tommorow with a guy I met on the net (myspace to be exact) but I have never been on a date so therefore i aint kissed a guy or slept with one. Im a attractive girl and for some reason I never seem to get a boyfriend, I have friends but there all girls. Im thinking if I should meet him or not, he seems like a nice guy but im so nervous I dont know what to expect especially when the date ends and there might be a kiss

Comments

• Options
    Just relax and dont think about the possibility of an end of date kiss etc. If it happens it happens- its not difficult and it will be easier if you havent previously psycho-analysed the technicalities of it.

Go with the flow.

Oh, and make sure you meet in a public place and be as wary as you would with any random stranger you meet on the street.
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    Just relax and dont think about the possibility of an end of date kiss etc.
    Yep. You should concentrate on getting to know the guy, and figuring out whether he's the type of person you'd actually want to kiss, rather than thinking about the kiss itself.
  • Options
    I was in (basically) the same situation. Just relax and have fun.

I was so nervous i was swearing like a sailor but hey, we've been together now for 15months :p
  • Options
    ebele123 wrote:
    Hiya my problem is that im going on a date tommorow with a guy I met on the net (myspace to be exact) but I have never been on a date so therefore i aint kissed a guy or slept with one. Im a attractive girl and for some reason I never seem to get a boyfriend, I have friends but there all girls. Im thinking if I should meet him or not, he seems like a nice guy but im so nervous I dont know what to expect especially when the date ends and there might be a kiss

He will probably be as nervous as you. Yeah, relax, breathe like usual and try to keep your cool, then all the other mistakes like stuttering and tripping over words won't happen.
  • Options
    What is this trend that's going round as of late, so many people fussing over being virgins. Does anyone care? It'll happen when you want it to. If you wanted to have popped your cherry so badly you would have done it with anyone. It's not a race.

Relax, people!

To the OP, if you want to kiss him then just go with it. You're not under any obligation to, but since you've expressed an interest in furthering your experience with the opposite sex then just go for it.
  • Options
    You're going on your first date? I remember mine well. I have not eaten that much for a long time, and neither had she! We kissed at the end of the night, which was lovely. That should be regarded as a bonus, and not something to agonise over.
  • Options
    Hiya, thanx for your replys, the date was pretty good I can't believe I was so nervous, Ive finally broke the ice. I mean Im not expectting to much from the guy but I was glad I went on the date because I nearly cancelled but thanx for the advice guys because now I wont panic so much about dating:yes:
  • Options
    Glad it went well :thumb: So are you going to have a second date ;)
  • Options
    I dunno yet, he txt me back to see if I got home alrite but nothing yet, so i dont know about guys rules of how many days it takes for them to call.