Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stephen Fry BBC2 Programme

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just watching the BBC2 programme about Manic Depression with Stephen Fry.

I must say its really shook me up. :shocking: I know most people get depressed now and then, but can anybody help me or point me in the right direction with reagrds Bi Polar disorder and understanding it a bit better.

I wish i had never watched it, but i couldnt turn off as I wanted to know more.

Has anyone else seen the programme ?

Cheers

:thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I saw the first one. Kicking myself that I missed the second one though. First one was really good, and it kinda drove in the fact that celebrities aren't all happy.

Was the second one good?
    It was intresting but quite scary

It was one of those programmes I didnt want to watch because it doesnt make you feel good, but I could not quite manage to turn over.
    I didnt find there was much of a conclusion to the 2nd half but it was a really good program and will hopefully open peoples eyes, especially the ones that mock depression(including manic) and the people who suffer it.
    Yep, totally - i hope you're right Sikorah.

On another forum I go on - in fact, it's Stephen Fry's very own site - a guy joined and posted and said he thought there was no such thing as bi-polar and that it was made up. He also said his sister had 'pretended' to have OCD for most of her life.

I was stunned that someone had joined just to post that and also that someone could have such an ignorant atitude tbh.

I think Stephen Fry's programme was excellent and has done more to make people aware of this debilitating condition. He should be applauded.
    I think it was a great show.
    I saw the first one - pretty revealing stuff, especially the kids.

Here's TheSite's article on bipolar/manic depression

The BBc also did a booklet on bipolar, which is really in-depth if you want to find out more.

Hope these help you understand it a bit better :)
    thanks guys :thumb: