Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Global Adventures

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
If you don't know, Global Adventures (deleted link - that better?) is this organisation that organises programs e.g. for one program, u spend three mths in USA (travelling & working), then fly to Oz/NZ & do up to 9 mths there (travelling & working).

Has anyone done a Global Adventures program/know anyone who has? Cos their programs look amazing, but I'd like to hear from people who've been there & done it.

And how much does it all cost? I know they have fixed prices for the programs, but then u have to pay extra for this & that, & how much does it actually all come to? And how much "pocket money", as they call it, should you take if you're planning on travelling for about 12 mths?

:confused::confused::confused:

Thank u
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Fuck off you spamming twat.
  • Options
    What's the fuck was that for?????

I asked a simple question!! You call me a twat??? You should look in the mirror!
  • Options
    bump. i'd appreciate some replies, but preferably not like thunderstruck's :(
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    :eek2: Just because there is a link doesn't automatically = spam.

What I would say though is that TheSite.org is aimed at people in the UK, and although we do welcome people from around the globe, we don't actually have that many regular American users, so the chances of you finding someone who has tried this programme are pretty slim I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Well generally when the first post someone ever makes on the boards is a link to an outside organisation that operates for profit, it's generally spam. Read the rules of the board as well as the Good Manners guide before posting.
  • Options
    Well generally when the first post someone ever makes on the boards is a link to an outside organisation that operates for profit, it's generally spam. Read the rules of the board as well as the Good Manners guide before posting.

"the good manners guide"??? :confused::confused: u're the one who told me to fuck off & called me a twat!! next time, read the actual message. i was actually asking for advice & would still like some - though preferably not on manners esp. from thunderstruck.

I'm sorry I posted the link. (I've deleted it now anyway) Its not spam. I just thought cos this is on the travel board, people might be interested in traveling & might wanna check it out. Note to self: next time, don’t bother.

Anyway, I think Global Adventures is a UK organization, so hopefully someone might have traveled with them.

Anyone?? I'd really appreciate it.
  • Options
    Pringle wrote:
    "the good manners guide"??? :confused::confused: u're the one who told me to fuck off & called me a twat!!
    Anyone?? I'd really appreciate it.

sorry to say it but.. owned!
  • Options
    I had a quick look and I couldn't see the point of paying them for something you can very easily organise by yourself.

However I can see that some people might not have travelled before and therefore might be a bit nervos and want someone else to organise something for them - but i'm sure you can get cheaper deals if you just look up the organisations by themselves - for example going straight to Camp America and Bunac for the american section - or even straight to the camps themselves.

Also if your going to a developing country to work as a volunteer you really have to investigate it thoroughly as you could be taking a paid job away from a local person and thus an income away from an already very poor family.