Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

trying to forget someone is a really hard thing to do.

it seems that when things go bad with someone you like and you have to forget about them its damn near impossible to do so.

all I wanted to say
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it seems that when things go bad with someone you like and you have to forget about them its damn near impossible to do so.

all I wanted to say
    :yes:

But if you spend enough time away from them with no contact or reminders then it does become possible
    ETA: nevermind, that was'nt you
    pardon?
    You don't really forget per se... but you learn to live with it. Things went sour a year and a half ago for me, took me six months for me to feel normal about it and now a year after that he's like a good friend. :) However, I don't think it's the same for him so I try to leave him be most of the time except for the odd status check.

The key is cutting contact and commiting to it.
    thats kind of what I believe as well, people always say "how do you get over your first love?" answer: you don't.

just a quick question: what do you call a girl who describes herself as 2 faced, bitchy and vain on her myspace?
    just a quick question: what do you call a girl who describes herself as 2 faced, bitchy and vain on her myspace?
    An attention seeker?
    Your thread-names are almost longer than your posts :lol:

Actually johnny, you are absolutely right with that, thing is tho, at a certain point it goes VERY MUCH quicker as you'd expect...

It seems to be an agony for a long while, but after some time, it seems to be gone in a matter of days and you look back and say, "I honestly don't know what my issues where back then."
    An attention seeking scenester... myspace is loaded with wannabes. At least I personally don't really know how else to use it! ;)
    On there, I personally describe myself as trying to be shallow and narcissistic. On the internet, we can be anything we want. ;)

Usually when people write personal descriptions of themselves they don't amount to much. You really need to get to know them. :)
    aww. you guys know just to say to cheer me up!

Don StrubbleS: (gonna give you that nickname cause I saw your pics) somedays I just think "well fuck it" and do whatever i gots to do you know? then other days it hurts like hell.

this girl was a scene girl anyway
    Jaloux wrote:
    An attention seeking scenester... myspace is loaded with wannabes. At least I personally don't really know how else to use it! ;)
    On there, I personally describe myself as trying to be shallow and narcissistic. On the internet, we can be anything we want. ;)

Usually when people write personal descriptions of themselves they don't amount to much. You really need to get to know them. :)

are you like that in real life though cause if not I can understand what you mean
    I've never understood why people think they can "forget" about someone. The fact is, if they meant anything to you in the first place, it would be impossible to suddenly forget about them. All you can actually do is keep a distance.
    indeed.
    It's hard to forget about her, but the important thing is to keep yourself busy with your mates and other girls and stuff.

If you don't distract your mind from her and she's all you think about months down the line, then you're going to drive yourself round the bend.

I wouldn't beat yourself up about it if she does pop into your mind now and again, happens with pretty much all my exes now, but it's all just a happy trip down memory lane rather than lusting after them or whatever else.
    Jaloux wrote:
    that's the only way to do it
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Jaloux wrote:
    That's not always enough, believe me. It does make things easier though.
    this girl was a scene girl anyway
    What the fuck's a scene girl?
    What the fuck's a scene girl?

608898936_m.jpg

That's what google image search bring. It's from a myspace site, so I conclude this is what johnny means.
    :lol: fuckin losers. that is why i do not go on myspace!
    good example BTW