Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Thank you, TheSite.org

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Stargalaxy, are you applying to Manchester University, or is it Manchester Met?
    It was Manchester Met last time, almost certainly will be the same this time.
  • Options
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Ah ok. I just thought that if you were going to Manchester University, then there is a very good chance that I would have been teaching you in your first year :razz:
    Eh? What's going on here?
  • Options
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    You're applying to do Politics, right?

I teach on a module at Manchester Uni that is compulsory for Politics undergraduates.
    Oh my god. Within six months, half of Manchester's going to be full of radical feminists. :p
  • Options
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Well of course. What's the point in teaching if I don't get to brainwash them? :D
    The Politics lecturer I met at MMU's open day looked like The Demon Headmaster, who in return seems to look like Jack Straw. I always wondered what was going on, and this explains it.
  • Options
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Ah it's a pity I won't be teaching you though, I could imagine some pretty heated debates there :razz:
    Speaking of which, I need to venture into P&D for a bit with some nice, right-wing politics to wind up those bloody Lefties... :p
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    stargalaxy wrote:
    The Demon Headmaster, who in return seems to look like Jack Straw. I
    sorry for jumping in here! but i completely agree...ive been saying this for years! and i have NEVER seen them in the same place at the same time!

And dont dwell too much on the fact that you have left, starting uni is hard, i just think under different circumstances, and had you been up here on campus, i think it would you would still be here!

but hey, it means UWE is now MY university! he he!

and tbh, the fresher's week didnt look all that great, so you missed nothing :p

Take care, and keep your chin up!
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    sorry for jumping in here! but i completely agree...ive been saying this for years! and i have NEVER seen them in the same place at the same time!
    Jack Straw left The Demon Headmaster in 1997 to go and work for Tony Blair's government. That's what really happened. Why do you think Condoleeza Rice always looks mesmerised when they met up? He's hypnotised her, and he's trying to hypnotise the rest of us. :p

Of course, not even the best hypnotist in the world can convince us that our New Labour government is any good. Still, that's for the P&D boards to discuss/fight over.
    And dont dwell too much on the fact that you have left, starting uni is hard, i just think under different circumstances, and had you been up here on campus, i think it would you would still be here! but hey, it means UWE is now MY university!
    I'd have almost certainly lasted longer if I was on-campus, but I don't know if that would have meant me staying. I'm not dwelling on that too much.
  • Options
    In fact, the Demon Headmaster is actually my ex-boyfriend's father. True fact :yes:
  • Options
    In fact, the Demon Headmaster is actually my ex-boyfriend's father. True fact :yes:
    I didn't know you'd dated Jack Straw's son. :p
  • Options
    :p haha, not quite. My ex's dad was the D&T teacher at my secondary school, so he was "The Demon Head-of-Design-Master" :D