Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mens' shirts

If you want a fucking bargain on top-quality Jermyn Street tailored shirts, TM Lewin are doing a deal. 4 shirts for £100 that would normally cost between £69 and £89 EACH. Just got myself 4 and they are really quality shirts. So come on you scruffy buggers - get yourselves some proper clothes!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    meh, i'd rather pay the extra and get a shirt i liked.
  • Options
    :confused: They're just shirts aren't they? You can get shirts way cheaper than that.
  • Options
    But they won't look, feel, or last as well as these.

I'm still wearing some of my grandad's Jermyn Street shirts, such is the quality of the tailoring.

They really look the biz and are really nice to wear.
  • Options
    The man goes for dockers. They are nice too :thumb: And a helluvalot cheaper.
  • Options
    i`m one of these "disposable" fashion kinda people, i`d rather buy 10 shirts at £10 each and mix n match them than buy one expensive shirt and have to wear it over n over

each to their own tho :)
  • Options
    I don't do shirts unless I've a job that I have to wear a shirt and tie, in which case I'd buy them from Topman.

While we're on the subject, the best look is if it fits really close, and you're always, always better rolling the sleeves up to your elbows rather than buying a short sleeved shirt :yuck:
  • Options
    Exactly. Short sleeves are simply a no-no. For me, it has to be double cuffs, absolutely NOT button-down collars and ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY NO pockets :yuck:.

I'm wearing my newly acquired TM Lewin pink shirt with my pinstripe suit and black tie on Friday for a smart shindig in London. I'll post some photos and see what you think about my new clobber.
  • Options
    Exactly. Short sleeves are simply a no-no. For me, it has to be double cuffs, absolutely NOT button-down collars and ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY NO pockets :yuck:.

I'm wearing my newly acquired TM Lewin pink shirt with my pinstripe suit and black tie on Friday for a smart shindig in London. I'll post some photos and see what you think about my new clobber.

Sounds rather sexy to me ;)
  • Options
    squeal wrote:
    Sounds rather sexy to me ;)

You'll have to wait for the photos. Plus I've decided not to shave for it for the anti-Alfie look. That and I'm not baby-faced at all.
  • Options
    You'll have to wait for the photos. Plus I've decided not to shave for it for the anti-Alfie look. That and I'm not baby-faced at all.

Il look forward to those pictures then !! Hope the not shaving works for you coz i quite like a nice clean shave on a fella wearing a suit :razz:
  • Options
    There you go

n193101018_30937620_9869.jpg
  • Options
    Don't you find cufflinks a bit fiddly??

Personally I like my men to wear blue short sleaved shirts with lots of pockets and Epaulettes

xxx
  • Options
    Very foppish.

If you're gonna buy an expensive suit you need expensive shirts to go along with it. Other than that, I don't see the point of paying £100 for a shirt. Although £100 for four isn't such a bad deal, its what you'd pay in Marks.
  • Options
    It's where i get all my shirts for work, £25 a pop is not bad at all seeing as they are well made and look nice :)

Where half the people in the City seem to get their shirts from too, lol.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Very foppish.

If you're gonna buy an expensive suit you need expensive shirts to go along with it. Other than that, I don't see the point of paying £100 for a shirt. Although £100 for four isn't such a bad deal, its what you'd pay in Marks.

Shame I had put away my cigarette holder ;)

The photo doesn't really do justice to the shirt. They are really nice to wear and do look the biz though that photo is a little grainy so you can't really see.

Wyetry, I don't find them fiddly at all. Unless they're the rubbish rubber ones that you get from Tie Rack, they shouldn't be a problem.

The more astute of you will notice that I'm also wearing collar stiffeners (silver of course).
  • Options
    What is a collar stiffener when its at home?
  • Options
    Little inserts that go inside the collar , to oddly enough, stiffen them and to help mantian the shape they are meant to be.
  • Options
    Whats wrong with starch? Or do people not use it these days.
  • Options
    No normal person i know uses it.

Also, it's a lot easier and simpler using collar stiffners, most formal shirts should have little plastic ones anyways in then, although you do tend to lose them in the washing machine after a while.
  • Options
    Ohh I now know the things your talking about - I think that i've probably extracted them all from my husbands shirts and thrown them away in the belief that they were some part of the packaging!

Can you tell i'm not very domesticated/
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    Ohh I now know the things your talking about - I think that i've probably extracted them all from my husbands shirts and thrown them away in the belief that they were some part of the packaging!

Can you tell i'm not very domesticated/

:lol: :thumb: