Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Best Reality Show on TV?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
My favorite is Rockstar Supernova, basically a better version of American Idol (good music and real talent). Project Runway is pretty good. The new Survivor should be entertaining...a pretty bold idea with different races competing against each other. Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (MXC) is hilarious (not a typical reality show, but technically it falls in this category). For those of you who have no idea what MXC is (the only show I mentioned that is not aired primetime...check out this clip on ifilm: http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2772885)

Anyway these are my favorites...what else are people watching?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    We probably won't get any of those over here. The thing they're doing on Survivor looks interesting though. I'd be interested to see it if Survivor wasn't generally a pile of crap.

I'm quite partial to a bit of X-Factor (oh, the shame) but only in the opening stages really. But I find that with any reality TV shows, as soon as the people on them figure them out, they tend to go a bit shit, because everyone just plays up to the cameras.
  • Options
    I don't believe there are any.

Though I am secretly addicted to Flavor of Love. You can't beat several obviously mentally unstable women and, as stated by a coworker, Flav looks like a dirty m&m you'd find at the bottom of your purse. I'm so ashamed.
  • Options
    When I was in America me and the girls I was travelling with got totally addicted to Project Runway. We watched most of the series right up to date in like a marathon. In fact, I'm gonna look on the internet right now to see who went this week. I miss it!!
  • Options
    Straight Eye for the Queer Guy - A builder from Croydon tells drag queens that they "look like a faahcking poof mate".

That and 'When the World's Funniest Botched Operations Attack: On Ice'.

I'm taking a slight sabbatical, so I'm re-running a few of my older posts........
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    Straight Eye for the Queer Guy - A builder from Croydon tells drag queens that they "look like a faahcking poof mate".

That and 'When the World's Funniest Botched Operations Attack: On Ice'.

Oh we had a go at that, with Channel 5 shows. We came up with Lesbian Nazi Surgery Farm : LIVE
  • Options
    My favourite reality show idea is still Tony Robinson's Time You Fucked Off. The star of Blackadder and.....other stuff would come round your house and tell people to piss off.

I'd watch it.
  • Options
    That one where they drop a small thermonuclear device on a house full of retards and freaks.

:yes:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    That one where they drop a small thermonuclear device on a house full of retards and freaks.

:yes:

Isn't that on BBC1 in the mornings ? Chav in the Attic.
  • Options
    Does anyone watch Takeshi's castle...I think it's called Takeshi's MXC, it's just MXC in the U.S. Show is ridiculously funny...
  • Options
    mxc is fucking hilarous.
  • Options
    The american version of survivor is really good, the british version was v.poor

The apprentice is good along with The Contender
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    caponey wrote:
    Does anyone watch Takeshi's castle...I think it's called Takeshi's MXC, it's just MXC in the U.S. Show is ridiculously funny...

I think that's on ftn here. It's funny as fuck.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    MXC season 1 comes out on DVD 10/3....Just preordered mine on amazon