Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My favourite topic, eBay!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I bought Mr Glitterys birthday present last week, Thursday to be exact. The listing promised posting on the day of purchase blah blah blah. Anyway, fastforward to today, still no sign of it. I emailed the guy this morning to ask him if it's been posted yet and he's just got back to me saying that "there's been a shortage of black Sopranos but I've been promised a delivery by the end of the week".

So, he doesnt actually have the item that he sold me and only has a weak promise of actually getting any and he's had my 70 quid for nearly a week now. Is that not totally against eBay rules?

Comments

• Options
    Hey Glittery, people can look at what you've bidded on (and won) by having your eBay username linked to via your sig...

So, a black soprano is a computer chasis... hehe! Sounds like bad practice to have "buy it" selling multiple items which he doesn't hold in stock. Better to resolve by communicating first before resorting to dispute console and reporting the item as not received. Also, you are further protected if you paid via PayPal...

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/protections-buyer-outside
  • Options
    drop shipper then probably. don't know about the rules but that is an ARSE thing to happen. When's Mr. G's B'day?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Knobbbly wrote:
    Hey Glittery, people can look at what you've bidded on (and won) by having your eBay username linked to via your sig...

She knows. It's there to encourage people to buy her items ...

I think it is against eBay TOSs to not have the product there. Double check the listing and then get in touch with eBay to find out what they say.
  • Options
    Knobbbly wrote:
    I know, Im a walking talking advert :razz:

Katralla - His b/day is next Thursday, still time for it to appear I spose, I like to be organised though :p

The guy has 99% positive feeback but a few of the positives have things about long delivery, stuff being out of stock etc :/

Spose I'll just have to wait and see, I dont really want a refund cos Im too lazy and ill to try and find a real shop to buy one in :(
  • Options
    She knows. It's there to encourage people to buy her items ...

D'oh, I meant something different :) You can search (via eBay username) for what people have bid on... Could be embarrassing :)
  • Options
    Knobbbly wrote:
    D'oh, I meant something different :) You can search (via eBay username) for what people have bid on... Could be embarrassing :)
    You mean people can see all the blow up dolls I've bought? :shocking:
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    You mean people can see all the blow up dolls I've bought? :shocking:

hehe :) gawd, I feel silly for even mentioning it.