Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Clear Up Acne Bullshit?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am very tempted to purchase the following:

http://www.howtogetridofacne.com/

Just dont know if its bullshit. £20.00 to find out the info..
Anyone up for purchasin it first?

Comments

• Options
    Rubbish. Save your money.

If these things really worked, then everyone would be using it.

The only things that can help are a healthy diet and washing the skin daily without aggrivating it. If its bad enough then a doctor will prescribe something.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Blah wrote:
    Rubbish. Save your money.

If these things really worked, then everyone would be using it.

The only things that can help are a healthy diet and washing the skin daily without aggrivating it. If its bad enough then a doctor will prescribe something.

And two seconds on google reveals that the above is EXACTALLY what the site tells you to do.
  • Options
    If your that upset about your acne, go to a dermatologist. My sister recently went to one and was prescribed treatment. Differin, its worked a wonder so far. But each person is different with different skin. Best to talk to a professional about it if its out of control. Take advantage of your free healthcare :razz:
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    I am very tempted to purchase the following:

http://www.howtogetridofacne.com/

Just dont know if its bullshit. £20.00 to find out the info..
    Anyone up for purchasin it first?
    You make out you have chronic acne, yet in your pictures you post you cant see any, maybe the "odd" spot or two, but your human. These are mainly for people with acne I suppose, not a couple of spots.
  • Options
    Yeah well im more of a woman when it comes to keeping my skin clear!

And yes, ive only got the odd couple of spots. I just hate them though
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    Yeah well im more of a woman when it comes to keeping my skin clear!

And yes, ive only got the odd couple of spots. I just hate them though
    Thats far from acne then. Its slightly hormonal if that, everyone gets the odd one or two spots, but nothing face wash wont help reduce. Even if its every few hour of the day, wash your face in plane warm water, just to was excess dirt off.
  • Options
    Don't wash your face that much, twice a day is plenty, unless your doing something that gets it dirty. Too much washing takes the natural oils off your skin and thus your body makes extra so acne potentially gets worse.

As an adolescent you'll get a few spots and there's nowt you ca really do, it it's bad see a doctor.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Thats far from acne then. Its slightly hormonal if that, everyone gets the odd one or two spots, but nothing face wash wont help reduce. Even if its every few hour of the day, wash your face in plane warm water, just to was excess dirt off.

I'd just like to say that having spots has nothing to do with cleanliness (although clearly not washing will not HELP) and washing your face in warm water will do nothing.

I've suffered from acne for more than 10 years now so I should know and I have tried absolutely everything.
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    I'd just like to say that having spots has nothing to do with cleanliness (although clearly not washing will not HELP) and washing your face in warm water will do nothing.

I've suffered from acne for more than 10 years now so I should know and I have tried absolutely everything.
    I sugested washing his face in plane water to wash excess dirt off. It does wash dirt off.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    I sugested washing his face in plane water to wash excess dirt off. It does wash dirt off.

Yes thanks, I was aware of that and I'm sure the original poster is as well. But washing his face in warm water isn't going to get rid of spots.
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    Yes thanks, I was aware of that and I'm sure the original poster is as well. But washing his face in warm water isn't going to get rid of spots.
    But it will remove dirt from his face. It doesn't take rocket science to figure out it will help.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    But it will remove dirt from his face. It doesn't take rocket science to figure out it will help.

Spots are not caused by dirt, they are caused by hormones. And are you suggesting the guy is dirty? I'm sure he knows how to wash his face.
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    Spots are not caused by dirt, they are caused by hormones. And are you suggesting the guy is dirty? I'm sure he knows how to wash his face.
    lol no I am not saying Brad is dirty. Hormones arnt the only cause of spots, they are probably the main cause. But when your face gets greasy (due to hormones) & dirty, washing it regularly with plain water, will help wash grease & dirt off. Obviously it isn't a miracle, but every little helps.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:

That's a bit exclusive, what with air fares being so much these days!
  • Options
    Take roaccutane/accutane, for most people it totally clears it up for good. I took accutane a few yrs ago and have never had trouble since, I tried other stuff but it always came back when I'd finished with it. Although I don't think they give out accutane too easily now as it's strong stuff it really does work.
  • Options
    What kind of acne is it that mainly troubles you? Pustules or papules or blackheads or what?

I know all manner of weird and wacky natural - and unnatural - treatments you could try, depending on what the specifics are. I've never had acne myself (touching wood frantically) but I experimented heavily on my ex and some of the weirdest things were successful :)

I am a bit of a sick bitch, I'm totally obsessed with other people's spots.
  • Options
    Take roaccutane/accutane, for most people it totally clears it up for good. I took accutane a few yrs ago and have never had trouble since, I tried other stuff but it always came back when I'd finished with it. Although I don't think they give out accutane too easily now as it's strong stuff it really does work.
    Not very wise suggesting he takes quiete a potent drug when he doesnt have acne apart from one or two spots.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Not very wise suggesting he takes quiete a potent drug when he doesnt have acne apart from one or two spots.

He wouldn't get it if all he had was a few spots. They are really strict about it now.

Briggi please tell me some tips. I have tried absolutely everything, sick of spending money and I'm 24 now, it would be nice to feel confident without make up on.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:

I am a bit of a sick bitch, I'm totally obsessed with other people's spots.

I had a bad case of acne when I was 15. My then girlfriend always squeezed them out with tweezers, ouch!

I've been to different dermatologists, and my face is pretty much clean except some.... like blackheads, but they are white, on my chin.

advice?

/edit: I think I just need to use products with benzoperoxid like they all say on the internet.
    I just got a moisturizing cream from the dermatologists (they had to mix it together in the drugstore for me. It's a pretty competent doctor, and he put together an exact mixture for my skintype etc ...), but I usually just wash with water and some skin thingy spray which belongs to my sister (hey! im not the beaty man :p). Some regular facecleansing should work better.
  • Options
    How do you get roaccutane/accutane ???
  • Options
    If your refering to glycolic acid then ive tried it... Makes matters worse. Just renews your skin, and within the 5mins that its on your face, ur in so much pain that u feel like smashing up the room!
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    GP.
  • Options
    If your refering to gylcolic acid then ive tried that, doesnt work, just renews the skin cells. and within the 5mins thats on your face u feel like going mental and smashing everything up its so painful
  • Options
    Roaccutane Accutane isotretinoin, acne drug with adverse effects leading to serious risk of depression and suicide for some people. Details of people who died by suicide while taking Roaccutane in the UK
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:

You need your GP to refer you to a dermatologist. If you go NHS there will be a waiting list.

As has been said it is stricter now. Although, if it has been really persistent and it is really annoying you the dermatologist might be sympathetic - esp if you say you're aware of the risks. The risk being that some people have linked accutane to depression, there's been a few people on it who have committed suicide. (There are also thousands more people though like myself who took it and whose only regret is not taking it earlier).
  • Options
    Is it possible to buy off the net?
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:

Er it is probably possible to buy it off some dodgy site shipping from Mexico or something but it would be v.expensive and not advised. It's a prescription drug and you won't get it legally without a prescription. It's a prescription drug for a reason and there's a reason that even GPs can't give it out - you need to get it from a dermatologist. If you're on it you need a professional to make sure it's OK. It's good stuff and it works but there's no way that you should be buying it on the internet and going on it without professional medical advice.
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    Brad dont go there. Not only is buying prescription drugs of the internet stupid, its very dangerouse self medicating yourself. You haven't got acne, you have one or two spots. I would feel sorry for your liver taking another bashing again after your last drug use.
  • Options
    Roaccutane is something you get if your whole face and neck are covered with horrendous acne that leaves lasting scars. Apart from anything else it won't work on a few spots because of what it does. Don't go there other than through a registered dermotologist.