Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What would you think....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Paranoia got the better of me! u cant be too careful!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    because she doesnt love him enough to want to be with him forever.
    I would think that would make a good movie!
    If she can't do what she wants with him, then maybe he isn't for her and she felt she should move on and have to do what she wanted alone, or find someone else who wants to do the same.

Not sure if that makes sense, but i tried.
    i think it just sounds like she'd had enough of the relationship and probably didn't feel as strongly about him or fancy him as much. maybe she couldnt see a future, especially if they wanted different things. i think she sounds quite an independent woman and so maybe after 4 years she wanted her freedom back and have new experiences.
    I think Squeal has it right in my opinion. There are just too many differences in their future outlook on life.

One wants to be up and about travelling the world, seeing and doing things
    while the other wants a stable homely life. Unless one or the other is willing to give up on what they want out of their future, it's perhaps best they split to find someone who has the same life goals as each other. I hope these people stay friends however :)
    VinylVicky wrote:
    breaking up with him?
    I want to know why she did hun

I know I was only messing about. I haven't got a clue what goes on in women's heads. Complicated creatures like. :)
    la la la
    She had a difficult decision, like job/career/moving nearer a divorced parent part?

she did not love him enough? Where are you so sure she really loves and fancies him?

If she loves and fancies me I damn sure expect answers, she should tell him!
    she's fiercely independant and dedicated to her career.
    Her best friend has recently dumped her LT fella and plans to go to Australia too.

I think you got your answer here!
    The desire to change the place were you live can be mightily big. I am a one step before that. I need to travel as much as possible and I wish to live in another country anytime I finished uni,....

My friend is even more drastic. We wanted to go to sweden, but EVERY SINGLE hostel was already assigned. I said it's stupid if we fly now for a expensive flight and then stay in an hotel or so (he honestly wanted to sleep in parks etc. crazy fella). I said "forget it... let's fly next year and book already in march so the flight will cost us a total of ~20€ and the hostels around ~25€ a night."

What did he do? He really wanted to fly - alone, without me - and went to the travel agency again. turned out they made a mistake and the flight was even more expensive (~360€).

I can totally understand to give up everything, be it family, partner, friends, familiar environment for a 'brand new life'.
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I thought she should have told him more but he says he knows they both want different things.
    Sometimes it's harder to be honest when you still have feelings for someone, though it isn't right.

read my edited post, after i finished reading the thread.