Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Concerns about course

1235»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Who in their right mind would group 16 year olds and 20 something year olds together to study communication? At 16, you can't communicate. At 20, you can.
    It's ludicrous.
    Thats bollocks.
    I don't care if it sounds patronising, because it's true - I was shit at communicating when I was 16 - I was as shy as anything and unable to say what I was thinking. Now I'm an outspoken bolshy 20 year old that doesn't have a problem communicating anything :thumb:

I've really underestimated how difficult it would be to study alongside people 4 years younger. I really didn't think it'd be this hard. :no:
    Whereas I was fine as a 16 year old and fine as a 20 year old. If you dont want people to pre-judge you, then dont pre-judge them. There is not much difference between the average 16 year old and the average 20 year old. Any differences you see, would just as easily be found between two 16 year olds or two 20 year olds.
    :chin: My next tutorial is on tuesday
    jesue, its only hair man, it will grow back and i doubt that anything major can happen, if so jsut get it done professionally, how else do you think people learn?
    vmong wrote:
    jesue, its only hair man, it will grow back and i doubt that anything major can happen, if so jsut get it done professionally, how else do you think people learn?
    If you can't contribute something useful, please don't at all. :rolleyes:
    Who in their right mind would group 16 year olds and 20 something year olds together to study communication? At 16, you can't communicate. At 20, you can.
    It's ludicrous.
    At university we would have people as young as 17 in tutorials with mature students old enough to be their grand parent. You are at the same academic level since you are doing the same course so it seems perfecty reasonable to me.

Key skills are very important and increasingly are becoming compulsory at higher levels.
    If you can't contribute something useful, please don't at all. :rolleyes:
    OMG an opposing view to yours, can't be useful in that case!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I doubt my opinion is any use, but I'll say it anyway.
    1)I think it's outrageous that they want you to cut each other's hair when working on a mannequin or a volunteer would be the same. I almost don't give a shit about my hair and I'd still not want someone not yet qualified to work on it. Definitely don't agree to it if you don't want to, they don't have a right to force that on you or to deny teaching you in any other case. I could say it's blackmail.
    2)It's also outrageous the opinion you have about people younger than yourself. You might have been a hit(wo)man at 16 for all it matters, it doesn't mean everyone or even the majority is the same. Learn to judge people by their attitudes instead of when they were born. For example, your age might be 20 but your attitude on this matter shows 14 (if I was to "translate" it into an age).