Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Shipping fees

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm not sure if this should be here or in student.

I went to the school bookstore to find the ISBN #/title/auther/cost of the books I would need for class. They listed a certian book for my writing course. I found it about $30 cheaper online (an individual seller on amazon) and bought it. I went to class to find out that they listed the wrong book. The book was unopened so I returned it to its seller for full price. However, I have $12 in shipping costs, to get it and to return it. Its only 12, yes, but is money I should have never spent in the first place. Its the bookstores/schools fault for posting the wrong book. Does anybody know or can any suggestions to try and get back my shipping charges? Several other people had bought the wrong book for the class and the teacher recogonized that they posted it wrong too so it wasn't a case of I just read the sign wrong.

I know its probably stupid asking here, being foreign, but I 'm up for any and all ideas. Thanks again.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not sure I quite understand really.

If your school gave you the wrong title, and, based on that wrong title you got the ISBN and ordered the book from the bookshop online, then it's the school's fault, I'm not sure how you would get the money back there. Though if they acknowledge that they gave you the wrong details then they have at least some moral obligation.

If the code and title were right and the online place sent you the wrong book, then they are clearly in the wrong and should refund you.
    The bookstore got it wrong. They had the wrong book listed. I was sent the correct book (the one I ordered at least) If that makes any sense? I was just a little tipsy last night and wanted my $12 back. The bookstores just manhandle you on the prices of the books hence why I just didn't buy it thru there and save myself the hassle of these charges. Maybe I'll call somebody at the finance office and ask if they can do anything.
    You mean that you orded book A and got it, because you were told to, but should've been told that you had to order book B?