Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

FaceTheIssue.com

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm a member from facetheissue.com. Does anyone who use the site know what happened to it?? Is the site shut down forever, or has it been down for maintenance? thanks
-h

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Never heard of it, whats it about?
    Makoto wrote:
    Never heard of it, whats it about?
    It's about a tinned pork product known as spam. Quite inventive though, I'll give them that.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hi, I am Spammy McSpam from Spam.spam, spam spam spam.

I like to spam.
    not spam

no, the site isnt spam and neither am i. i'm serious with my question because there's no where else i can post, simply because the entire site is inaccesible right now. i'm hoping to find other facetheissue community members here because facetheissue actually considers TheSite.org as it's sister site. ... i am quite speechless now as to know what is going on, so please, be nice, and help me out if you know any updates for facetheissue.
    -h
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Hi, I am Spammy McSpam from Spam.spam, spam spam spam.

I like to spam.

If it's spam it's very poor spam as, like the OP said, the website doesn't work :p

OP, no idea why it doesn't work. Sorry.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hmm. Google still says it is fine, but yep, 403, access forbidden.

No idea.
    :(
    the website doesn't work :p

OP, no idea why it doesn't work. Sorry.

duh it doesn't work, that's why i'm here wondering 'what the heck'. :(

i don't know who to contact to inquire updates. it's surprising that our large community cannot access it..we really depend on the facetheissue.

what exactly is "access forbidden" 403?, can you explain the logistics of that? thanks.

if anyone still knows what's going on, please let me know.
    -h
    well if its a sister site of thesite.org maybe you should ask jimv who is a moderator here?
    clarifications
    lipsy wrote:
    well if its a sister site of thesite.org maybe you should ask jimv who is a moderator here?
    I appologize for a typing "sister" site. I meant "feature" site. I have written to Jim, but apparently he did not read my message thoroughly - I understand if he is a busy with other tasks.

First, I am a community member of FaceTheIssue.com -- not a staff, not the creator.

Secondly, I too, would like to know what has happened to FaceTheIssue site. I am posting in an open forum to reach out to actual FaceTheIssue affiliates and community members.

Third, in my email to Jim I corrected myself by stating TheSite.org was featured on FaceTheIssue's website (you can click on the cached link to check for yourself). Therefore, I chosed to find help and answers at TheSite.org because of the higher possibly of finding other FaceTheIssue members since TheSite.org has been recommended.

Anything else? Can we please move on from validating this forum and actually seek answers when it is availble for the public?

My email:
    Jim,
    I googled 'facetheissue' and was given the link: http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=105852 , but the thread is invalid.

I believe this post has been deleted due to suspicion of spam. I would like to clarify that I am the original poster for that bulletin and the message is not spam. I hope you would consider this situation, due to the serious matter of my post. I do not know who to contact regarding this issue, and regarding facetheissue.com. I do not know how I can verify my sincerity in my post other than writing to you.

If you are unaware, facetheissue.com considers TheSite.org as it's "feature" site, hence my persistence in posting in this community to seek for answers and reuniting with fellow facetheissue community members. Evidence to my claim can be seen with this cached link:

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:pKKAXkjrcyAJ:www.facetheissue.com/+facetheissue&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1

followed by clicking the Click here for on-going news at FTI! to see that facetheissue's:
    03/17/2004: Click here for our latest featured site: www.TheSite.org !

Please do not disregard this email. Thank you for your time.

Jim's Response:
    I'm happy to undelete the message - though I'm not clear on exactly what your position is within facetheissue?

If you are a member of staff perhaps you could post asap to answer people's questions as to where the website is, and any details of TheSite.org's relationship with the website - as 'sister site' implies a close relationship I'm not aware of.

Jim
    To be fair man, I didn't think you were entirely clear in the message what your relationship was with facetheissue (staff, volunteer, mod, member, etc) - hence my question.

I'm happy to leave the message up now though to see if anyone can let you know what's happened to the website. The cache on google uk also seems to be different to the cache you're seeing - certainly the links to TheSite.org didn't appear on the cached pages after following your link, which lead to my further confusion.

Anyhoo, good luck finding some answers.
    Jim V wrote:
    To be fair man, I didn't think you were entirely clear in the message what your relationship was with facetheissue (staff, volunteer, mod, member, etc) - hence my question.

I'm happy to leave the message up now though to see if anyone can let you know what's happened to the website. The cache on google uk also seems to be different to the cache you're seeing - certainly the links to TheSite.org didn't appear on the cached pages after following your link, which lead to my further confusion.

Anyhoo, good luck finding some answers.
    ssshesh..glad we're finally moving along. :yeees:

::grumbles:: :banghead:

... now it's time for me to vent...thanks for the added stress.. to be continued.
    Domain whois results

Registrant:
    ijane
    melanie hall
    9460 WIlshire Blvd. Suite 600
    la, ca 90212
    US
    Email: melanie@ijane.com

Domain Name: facetheissue.com

Created on..............: Wed, Apr 16, 2003
    Expires on..............: Wed, Apr 16, 2008
    Record last updated on..: Sun, Feb 26, 2006

Administrative Contact:
    ijane
    ilya topp
    9460 WIlshire Blvd. Suite 600
    la, ca 90212
    US
    Phone: 310-888-3646
    Email: ilya@tagpartners.com

Technical Contact:
    Register.Com
    ilya topp
    575 8th Avenue
    New York, NY 10018
    US
    Phone: 310-888-3646
    Email: ilya@tagpartners.com

Other random stuff

Checking Port 80...

Port 80 is open and accepting connections.

Ping Results:

Ping server http://facetheissue.com (3.4 ms)
    Site link http://facetheissue.com is down!!

For 'What does this mean' - have a read here
    http://www.searchlores.org/errors.htm

For any other issues could drop one of those people above an email? - if JimV doesn't know - then nobody knows :(
    Well I’m a member there too, afraid I can't get in contact with anyone either. At least u know someone’s in the same boat as you. :yeees:
    i wd really luv to know what happen to facetheissue.com!!!!!That site had helped me. if anyone knows anything about it can u contact me. Thanks.
    bloody hell, anyone else?
    OMG. I thought I was going insane. I miss FTI sooo much. At first I thought my parents blocked the website. I wonder what happened to it? :(
    They might just be changing the hosting etc. it'll probably be back up soon, if not I’ll see what I can do about starting something up :) .

K!ng
    Well, after seeing this thread at least I know its not just me who cant get on FTi but how annoying anyway.
    Your far better on thesite.org.
    Yaaaaaaaay FTI is back!!! omg im excited!
    I thought it was just my stupid internet connection and was getting angry that I couldnt go on. When did it shut down?
This discussion has been closed.