Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Paypal

Do you need to transfer money from your bank account into your paypal account in order to be able to pay for an ebay item?

I've just bought something on ebay but unsure of how it all works :confused:

Does it not come out of your bank account automatically?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you have put your bank accnt details on paypal then it will automatically withdraw and send to the seller, you have to go to the 'pay' link on ebay first, if i remember correctly.

Not used ebay for ages, but thats how i remember it.

:)
    You can buy stuff with a 0 paypal balance (pay directly from your bank in effect) with a verified account, dunno about unverified ones.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Do you need to transfer money from your bank account into your paypal account in order to be able to pay for an ebay item?

Try and pay for it with a 0 balance.

If it doesn't work then you can send an e-cheque through paypal instead, which will come out of your account and then into the buyers.
    E-cheques are a bugger, I had a woman pay me with an e cheque and it took 17(!) days to clear.
    Glittery wrote:
    E-cheques are a bugger, I had a woman pay me with an e cheque and it took 17(!) days to clear.

Jeez. I once had one and it took 14 days. However, I had an email from the person I got it from wondering why her item was taking so long postage wise as she got an email saying that it had cleared after 7.

Twas bizarre.
    Jeez. I once had one and it took 14 days. However, I had an email from the person I got it from wondering why her item was taking so long postage wise as she got an email saying that it had cleared after 7.

Twas bizarre.
    Same here. My woman sent a cheeky message through eBay asking where her books were and she was going to report me to eBay blah blah blah. Although she didnt know anything about e-cheques and thought she'd paid me instantly, dozy cow.
    Glittery wrote:
    Same here. My woman sent a cheeky message through eBay asking where her books were and she was going to report me to eBay blah blah blah. Although she didnt know anything about e-cheques and thought she'd paid me instantly, dozy cow.

:lol:

Nah, mine was understanding. It was actually someone off my LJ friends list and was cool about the whole thing.

eBay people are funny.
    As I never have any money in my paypal account, the money just comes out of my bank account. As long as you account is verified, and your bank account has money you should be fine.
    . As long as you account is verified

This is the crux of it all. A lot of accounts aren't verified as they can be a bit of a chore to get done. As long as it is verified it can be done though :)
    Ahhhh I should be ok then.

My account is now verified. It took me forever though :grump:
    Dump it on mine if you hgave any grief :)..

I'm sure you can just pay with a credit card and the money comes off the card?
    Dump it on mine if you hgave any grief :)..
    Hahahahaha.

You can buy me that lovely Ruby and Millie set then. Cheers :lol:
    Ahhhh I should be ok then.

My account is now verified. It took me forever though :grump:

Ah, you should be a-ok then :D
    Hahahahaha.

You can buy me that lovely Ruby and Millie set then. Cheers :lol:

Only if you're having grief :p. And you can wire me the money afterwards! ;)