Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Solar plexus

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
I'm having some kind of pain there, it feels like a tightening exactly where the two lower ribs meet. I've had the same once before that I remember, but that was back in April (I think, but surely before summer). It went away and right now it feels it's also going away, but should I be worried? I think if it was a heart attack I'd have collapsed by now, right? And it feels like it's in the bone actually...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Did you know that it isn't actually called the solar plexus? Random fact.

Not that that helps you at all... it's probably nothing.
  • Options
    Did you know that it isn't actually called the solar plexus? Random fact.

Not that that helps you at all... it's probably nothing.
    Actually yeah, I checked in wikipedia to make sure that's what it's called, and it said that nowadays it's Celiac plexus. I just liked "Solar" better. :p

ETA: Titanic! A mosquito! Get his bubble! I have to ruin the Alladin!
  • Options
    Actually yeah, I checked in wikipedia to make sure that's what it's called, and it said that nowadays it's Celiac plexus. I just liked "Solar" better. :p

When my Dad had a heart bypass, he referred to what you're talking about as his solar plexus... and the doctor laughed at him. Gutted!
  • Options

I can't believe you use wikipediaanyjackassmoroncanedit. I have just lost respect :(

[/random]
  • Options
    When my Dad had a heart bypass, he referred to what you're talking about as his solar plexus... and the doctor laughed at him. Gutted!
    Well, he would. But as some people say, it doesn't matter what the real meaning of a word is, only what the people you're talking to will think it means. ;) If me and you decided to call computers "dogs" from now on, we'd communicate perfectly by saying "I put a new video card in my dog". :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I can't believe you use wikipediaanyjackassmoroncanedit. I have just lost respect :(

[/random]
    Oh no! :( I lied, I don't really use it. I just said it to fit in with the cool crowd. I don't even know what it is. Hell, I don't even know what this "internet" thingy is about!
    [/lie]

BTW, if anyone reads this, my original question still stands.
  • Options
    Anyone?
  • Options
    no idea dude
  • Options
    I tried to press the bone there, and it hurt... Though not in the same way and not for as long. Could it be broken or something? I've never been hit there as far as I remember...
  • Options
    If it was broken, you would definitely know about it.

Get a doctors appointment if you're worried...
  • Options
    Internal bruising?
  • Options
    Maybe... But it would need a greater cause if that happened so many months ago too.