Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Why is Peep Show so amazing?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
This thread is for Peep Show fans so we can go wild with funny quotes and not keep derailing Helen's Post Of The Week thread. :)

THAT was the bad thing...!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think the beauty of this show is not so much the one liners, more the situations where mark has dug himself into a hole and only digs deeper and deeper
    Fly on the wall satire.
    Those kids no nothing of what happened in Stalingrad.

:D
    Tight fisted cockmuncher.
    i loves it.
    Oh, right. I see. I get it. You were lampooning me. It was a simple lampoon.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    After Mark pretends to take a pill...

"I think I might be getting the dreaded munchies..."

:lol:
    Weekender Offender 
    "I've just dumped my sister. That feels good. I'm interested to see what I'll do next. Maybe I'll ring up Grandad and tell him I think he's a boring twat."
    Its good because Mitchell and Webb are good, although their current show on BBC is a cheap re-run of the Radio 4 show they put out which was better.

It also it makes you cringe but not too much like The Office or Extra's but just enough to be funny.

I hope she doesnt notice my strange balls.
    I prefer the BBC Mitchell and Webb sketch show to Peep Show if im honest, Peep Show was too predictable for me.
    O_o wrote:
    Oh, right. I see. I get it. You were lampooning me. It was a simple lampoon.

:lol: :thumb:

They are truly amazing.
    Bullseye wrote:
    I prefer the BBC Mitchell and Webb sketch show to Peep Show if im honest, Peep Show was too predictable for me.

The radio or TV version? The radio one is better.
    I'm a dirty hobbit and she's a sexy elf so she might be... "Oh! You dirty hobbit. Take off my bodkin and my jerkin." "Oh, yeah... pixie ears. But that sword." What if she was a hobbit slayer? I'd just use my enchanted amulet. "Yeah. Yield to me, hobbit-slayer. You will touch my magic cock."

:heart:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387764/quotes
    I forgot about this little number!

Shit, what's she talking about? Nod. Look serious. I'm Di, she's Bashir.
    I live in austria and - obviously - have austrian/german tv channels/series.

but there seems to be a new british comedy series called "Little Britain" I think. Does anyone know it?

I watched it yesterday for the first time, and it was quite ok.
    StrubbleS wrote:
    but there seems to be a new british comedy series called "Little Britain" I think. Does anyone know it?

Yes, another series which started on Radio 4 and got worse when it went to TV.
    StrubbleS wrote:
    I live in austria and - obviously - have austrian/german tv channels/series.

It's been out over here for yonks... but get your hands on Peep Show, you'll love it.
    i love the ones with mark and alan, classic stuff.

peep show is my fave show since partridge finished
    Superhands is the best character ever.

When he nicks the chocolate bar...

"5 finger discount, the secret ingredient is criiime"

It's hilarious when he gets hooked on crack and then randomly loses it in the recording studio.

haha, I love Superhands.

"come on superhands, lets get you some crack."
    budda wrote:
    The radio or TV version? The radio one is better.

I havent heard the radio one, though i wish i had if it is that good!
    I remember the Little britain radio version, was so much better, the first TV series was mainly a re-run of the radio output. Peep show is so funny because everyone knows people like the two main chacters. That and they just dig themselves into bigger and bigger holes all the time. The episode with the Nazi workmate was brillent.
    Is it back on?
    Bullseye wrote:
    I havent heard the radio one, though i wish i had if it is that good!

You can now buy both series on CD for not very much, I'd advise www.play.com they are the cheapest place to get it.
    "Blitzkrieg! im in the Arden! safe in the arden"
    Worth noting that Mitchell and Webb don't write Peep Show, they are just the performers.

For their fans it's worth tracking down what you can of their previous work, which as far as I know, in addition to the radio, peep and the new series, also includes -

Brusier (sketch show written by them and also features Martin Freeman and of course Olivia Coleman
    The Mitchell and Webb Situation (very funny sketch show made for play UK a few years ago)

And I've just rewatched series 1 of peep show and still can't stop laughing at 'the bad thing'
    Jim V wrote:
    Worth noting that Mitchell and Webb don't write Peep Show, they are just the performers.

And I've just rewatched series 1 of peep show and still can't stop laughing at 'the bad thing'

I don't think anyone could have performed it like those two though, they are perfect. The bad thing... possibly the funniest thing in series one!
    Jim V wrote:

That's strange, whenever they appear as guests on shows they retain that wit.
    I'm hot, like Pol Pot.
    This thread is for Peep Show fans so we can go wild with funny quotes and not keep derailing Helen's Post Of The Week thread. :)

THAT was the bad thing...!

FLOSS IS BOSS!!

MEGA TSUNAMI!!

ahahhaha what is that word they said... if I spell it phonetically, would look like: ra-wen-gay??
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Oh how I miss babyshambler! She started this thread in 2006... Do lots of people still watch peepshow? I have to admit I don't like it as much as I used to! :)