Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Letter of resignation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As of soon, probably this weekend, I'll be activly looking for a new job. They pay is shit, the managment is shit and the way they treat the employees is really getting to me. Its wrong on so many levels and its all so obvious, and they wonder why they have a 75% turnover rate and disgruntled employees.

Anyways, I'll be looking online also for resignation letter examples, but I thought I would get some real live examples on what you did. On all my other jobs I just quit. Just stopped showing up one day, but since thru the now 6 work partners that have come thru here in the last 15 months, I'm the only one that knows how to do several things up here. So I'll give the notice.

Did you lie about why you were leaving? DId you even say why? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Was it ackward for the last couple weeks after?

Comments

• Options
    My letter read something like this:

'I hereby declare that I, [name], will be leaving the employment of [company] as of 28th July 2006.'

That was it.
    I already explained why I was leaving to my boss. Its probably better to tell your boss that you're leaving, then write up a short letter with no BS.
  • Options
    I left my prevous job on bad terms as I could not work at all with the operations director and wrote a resignation letter to that fact and CC'd it to one of the directors I got on with. I only gave a weeks notice as well (been there six months no contract) I then went back in a higher up role in a different bit of the company and she left. :lol:

Just say
    (you) have decided to resign and given (your notice period of so long) you last working day will be (date) Give a brief and professional reason for leaving and wish the company all the luck for the future or that you enjoyed working there etc. (Even if you have to lie) as it looks good.
  • Options
    Dear Sirs,

As per the terms of my employment contract, I hereby give you [x] weeks notice that I intend to leave the employment of [x] on [x].

Yours faithfully,

my_name

Don't give them a reason in a letter. If they really want to know they will ask you, and many companies' HR team do a leaving interview anyway.
  • Options
    And for God's sake, don't bitch about the management and reason for leaving in your resignation letter - I made that mistake and nearly didn't get the reference I needed for the job I was going to!

I know, not the best idea in hindsight, but I was so angry with them I took my chance to point out my "dissatisfaction" at the Company.

Also try www.i-resign.com for letter templates :)