Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bungs?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone believe a word of what Panorama had to say?

I personally believe that corruption is rife in football, but that the BBC are proven liars and smear-merchants.

And if anyone beats the BBC in the libel court, the producers of the programme should be put in prison for the fraudulent use of my money.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    at least my home town team came out of it unscathed :yeees: :yeees:
  • Options
    Found it really hard to follow the utter trail of shite the bloke was trying to form.

To be honest, it seemed like the whole "investigation" was hitting the skids, so he tried to entrap a couple of Premiership managers last ditch.

Maybe there is more to it, who knows?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Kermit wrote:
    Anyone believe a word of what Panorama had to say?

I personally believe that corruption is rife in football, but that the BBC are proven liars and smear-merchants.

And if anyone beats the BBC in the libel court, the producers of the programme should be put in prison for the fraudulent use of my money.

I believe every word of what the BBC said. Corruption is all over football, even though they have been denying it vehemently.

I can't see the BBC making up all of it though, otherwise clubs like Bolton, Chelsea etc will sue their asses off. And will win a lot of money.

The next few weeks will be interesting.
  • Options
    I think I speak for most Saffhampt'n fans when I say that I didn't trust Redknapp when he arrived at Saints. I mean, NO-ONE comes from Pompey without a certain air of distrust around St. Mary's.

Not a bad piece of telly and certainly, if the allegations are true, Allardyce will either quit or be fired and will probably never return to management. Just think, if things were different, he could have been managing England :shocking:
  • Options
    one thing is for damn certain, someone is gonna lose a lot of money, and someone will get rich!
  • Options
    I willing to bet that if most football fans were to draw up a list of managers (before the Sven tapes, Mike Newell comments and Panorama) they suspect of taking bungs, Allardyce and Redknapp would be towards the top. This was hardly ground-shaking stuff. Harry Redknapp likes a deal, Chelsea go behind players backs and football agents are crooks......

This shit piece of journalism will no doubt direct attention from the FA's formal report, and should Allardyce (the "evidence" on Redknapp was passable) get the sack he'll be the sacrifical lamb, everything will be hunky-dory and the FA can go back to doing what they do best..........sweet FA.
  • Options
    That's journalistic standards going down the toilet. There was no proof there, just conjecture and inference; it most certainly wouldn't meet the burden of proof in a court of law.

Unless they have something far greater than they broadcast I can see them being sued by the majority of people featured quite successfully.

What do I pay a licence fee for? Is it to top up the wages of already highly paid football types and their lawyers?
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    one thing is for damn certain, someone is gonna lose a lot of money, and someone will get rich!

Yep, and its us who are forced to pay the BBC tax that will foot the bill.

If proven false, the entire panorama production team and the BBC schedulers should be put in prison for ten years for the fraudulent use of tax money.
  • Options
    Of course football is corrupt as fuck from top to bottom, there is so much money washing about its silly and there is no regulation of it at all.

This does seem to be almost totally groundless aligations though.
  • Options
    I don't think that there was enough evidence - most circumstantial really and as Mike Basset (sorry, Big Sam) said about his son, it's easy to exagerrate your influence just to get a deal done.

I suspect that most of us are cynical about how football operates and I can't think of any system which would remove the possibility of bungs. So I guess sweet FA will be done as usual.
  • Options
    Agree with MoK, I thought the 'evidence' was pretty weak. This will be forgotten come May.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Yep, and its us who are forced to pay the BBC tax that will foot the bill.

If proven false, the entire panorama production team and the BBC schedulers should be put in prison for ten years for the fraudulent use of tax money.
    And if proven true they should put the licence fee up by an extra £10 for another great service done to the country.

But let's not depart from the topic...
  • Options
    I got excited when I thought they were about to lure a manager into accepting a bung on camera... but then Newell's anti-bung outburst ironically fucked the thing up.
  • Options
    It was all smoke and mirrors, and is typical of the proven liars at the Beeb.

Still, listening to the BBC lecturing on corruption is like listening to F W de Clerk lecturing on racial integration.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Still, listening to the BBC lecturing on corruption is like listening to F W de Clerk lecturing on racial integration.

I'm happy to say i get that joke.
  • Options
    I wish I'd watched it now.

What was said about that piece of shit, lying wanker Harry Redknapp? Apparantly he wants to sue.