Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

When did you last listen to your own voice of reason?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just had a row on the phone with my mum, I hung up and started to text her loads of abuse but the voice in my head said “stop, you’ll only end up texting each other abuse for the next hour until one of you gets bored!” But I really wanted to text her and do it! I stopped myself and thought do it when you’ve calmed down, I’ve now calmed down and don’t want to do it now!
Your turn

Comments

• Options
    The voice in my head that tells me to be stupid killed my voice of reason a long, long time ago. I can be quite the stupid one sometimes :rolleyes:. However, the last time I was sensible even though I didn't want to be was err... :chin: I cannae remember.
  • Options
    I've mixed the two up. The voice of reason always seems like a bad idea to me.
  • Options
    I'm always doing it. I think I only have a voice of reason :( I think my voice of general destruction and mayhem has wandered off in search of some fun :impissed:
  • Options
    she's taking an extended time out but it's ok coz regret went with her...
  • Options
    rarely do i listen.
  • Options
    nice. you blew rainbow chunks
  • Options
    When I decided I had to move out and split up with my ex girlfriend. Ended up moving back to Derby from Manchester. Ah well.
  • Options
    It's just said to me 'Use that bloody bread maker that you haven't even looked at this year, so when ya bf comes home from his meeting he can have a cuppa and some nice tea bread.' So it's currently making sultana and walnut bread :)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I usually only listen to my voice of reason... except when I should. :p
  • Options
    Voice of reason? I dont think i have one. I'm an act now think later sort of person
  • Options
    The Voice of Unreason... in my case :yeees:
    Quite often I'm being told I do thing with no reason or only I know the reason for doing it. :razz:
  • Options
    Last night mine told me to stop drinking so I wouldn't be hungover this morning, and sure enough, it worked! :)
  • Options
    I have six children. I AM the voice of reason, I have to be. It's very boring sometimes.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    It's just said to me 'Use that bloody bread maker that you haven't even looked at this year, so when ya bf comes home from his meeting he can have a cuppa and some nice tea bread.' So it's currently making sultana and walnut bread :)
    was ur bread nice?
    m&s fruit loaf is delish
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Erm.

Both the voices sound crazy to me. I defy both! Ha!

Except when drunk, then I follow both.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I just had a row on the phone with my mum, I hung up and started to text her loads of abuse but the voice in my head said “stop, you’ll only end up texting each other abuse for the next hour until one of you gets bored!” But I really wanted to text her and do it! I stopped myself and thought do it when you’ve calmed down, I’ve now calmed down and don’t want to do it now!
    Your turn

Well I'm glad you didn't text her abuse .. you two are more like sisters.
  • Options
    Well I'm glad you didn't text her abuse .. you two are more like sisters.
    I'm not now, she's in a right bad mood n doing my head in!!!! she shouldnt stay out n up til all hours if she gets like this.....only joking, im probably worse than her!
  • Options
    I usually try to listen to my voice of reason. But in situations when there is neither a right nor a wrong, I try to go with my impulses and hope for the best. :)
  • Options
    Well i tried at lunchtime when my body wanted chocolate but my head said that i am on a diet and to have a yoghurt instead. The chocolate won as the yoghurts looked rank.
  • Options
    I can't remember :o