Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How to cope when you angry?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
whats the best way to cope when your angry ? :banghead:

There seems to be so much anger inside me, that I just want to start smashing things up, throwing my own things and smashing them to bits. I know it cant go on, but I feel so much better when i have thrown something out my window or smashed something into pieces.

How do other people cope with anger, there must be a better way

Thanks All

:thumb:

Comments

• Options
    I hope your name isn't Darren.:nervous:
  • Options
    Smash something that isnt valuble, its quite a good way of letting off steam. Have you got any cans to crush or some phone books to rip in half? Sometimes just letting it all out can do the world of good
  • Options
    In answer to the question i get on my exercise bike until i feel better.
  • Options
    I write a massively long, ranty email, complete with flagrant obscenities, to one of my buddies, usually one who understands the particular gripe I have.
  • Options
    No, my name isnt Darren :wave:

I gotta smash something, I know that seems strange but it feels so much better and all the anger goes when I smash something to bits.

Might get myself a punch bag

Cheers:thumb:
  • Options
    Lost Soul wrote:

I gotta smash something, I know that seems strange but it feels so much better and all the anger goes when I smash something to bits.

I am relieved :D :wave:
  • Options
    I don't really ever feel plate smashing angry, but I guess if I'm in a massive cream puff at work, I'd storm out and go and chill out in the gents for a bit.

Then walk back in and feel like an absolute tit.
  • Options
    Lost Soul wrote:

I would buy a punch bag or even join a gym.
  • Options
    I smack the shit out of my pillow.
    The best thing for me when I'm angry is to get away from everyone. On my I hit my pillow then I sit and relax then realise I'm missing out and get bored!
    If people keep trying to talk to me, it infuritates me more.
  • Options
    I usually just yell at anything in hearing range and then run away crying and hide out alone, then usually fall asleep.
  • Options
    Go for a jog and don't stop until you literally can't run anymore. Actually, let your body stop you. At that point, you're too exhausted to care and hey, you got a nice cardiovascular workout.
  • Options
    junker wrote:
    Go for a jog and don't stop until you literally can't run anymore. Actually, let your body stop you. At that point, you're too exhausted to care and hey, you got a nice cardiovascular workout.

Only bad thing about that is you might have a long walk home !!
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    If people keep trying to talk to me, it infuritates me more.

Oh i can so relate to that. Just wanna be left alone for a bit, calm down THEN talk about it. Makes me mad when someone's all 'Are you ok?' 'You want to talk about?'
  • Options
    Lost Soul wrote:
    whats the best way to cope when your angry ? :banghead:

There seems to be so much anger inside me, that I just want to start smashing things up, throwing my own things and smashing them to bits. I know it cant go on, but I feel so much better when i have thrown something out my window or smashed something into pieces.

How do other people cope with anger, there must be a better way

Thanks All

:thumb:

yeah, smash some things. Get a punching bag. Just don't harm anyone or, ruin something you'll regret. Everyone of us has those phases.
    Makes me mad when someone's all 'Are you ok?' 'You want to talk about?'

yeah, totally... NO I JUST WANT TO UNDO YOUR FACE!

I was thinking the same :lol:
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Oh i can so relate to that. Just wanna be left alone for a bit, calm down THEN talk about it. Makes me mad when someone's all 'Are you ok?' 'You want to talk about?'
    Definately, I just want tobeleft the fuck alone! It's the same if I hurt myself like stub my toe and someone asks if I'm ok, it gets me so mad!

Once I've calmed down, I feel guilty though!
  • Options
    I just close my eyes, take deep breaths and think good things. I can go from being in a really bad mood to a good one in a matter of moments. It's all in your head.
  • Options
    squeal wrote:
    Or end up like Forrest Gump.

I find a good beat-em-up can help, and you're not actually breaking anything. Probably best to put it on easy though, otherwise you'll end up more pissed off if you lose.
  • Options
    The point about using a punchbag is a good one. Because when im so pissed off I dont really care at the time what i smash, aslong as it makes me feel better.

Hence the reason Im on my third TV :) and I have lost a lot of gifts which cant really be replaced. It may soound strange but its the breaking/smashing something into bits that relases all the anger inside of me :thumb:

Kind of occupational hazard.

Cheers :wave:
  • Options
    Or end up like Forrest Gump.

I find a good beat-em-up can help, and you're not actually breaking anything. Probably best to put it on easy though, otherwise you'll end up more pissed off if you lose.
    Yeah beat em ups are perfect when youre pissed off, i'm always so much better at em when im pissed as well! :thumb: