Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Muslim anger at vatican

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    luke88 wrote:
    So what is your solution on stopping Saddam murdering his own people and such?
    Well it would have been not to give him support and weapons in the first place. Which is precisely what.... you've guessed it- the USA and Britain did.

There is no proof of this but as far as I know, Muslims are killing them selves, the terrorists are killing innocent Iraqis.
    Wrong on every count:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5368360.stm
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    I have already said that Saddam had commited similar crimes as his cronies. He had friendly relations with Syria which is one of many bases of terrorism.

You'll have to explain what you mean here.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    luke88 wrote:
    I had already said Iraq wasn't a direct threat to us on this particular day but I also feel it would of been in the future since Islamic extremism was on the rise and Saddam and his cronies slughtered their own people on a daily basis just like the taleban for example.

Are you serious?

Iran and the Taliban hated Saddam for being too Liberal - there were pubs, strib joints, and cinemas showing western films in Iraq ffs.

His economy was non-existent, his Military Might destroyed by Iran and the First Gulf War, he has no cash for new arms...

He was as dangerous as a teaspoon. If anything, Iran might have stomped in and took it over.
  • Options
    Oh dearey me! Thanks for the laugh Luke, reliable as usual.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Well it would have been not to give him support and weapons in the first place. Which is precisely what.... you've guessed it- the USA and Britain did.

Oooh, can I use your time machine?
  • Options
    Sure. When you've done with it make sure Bush and Blair use it too to show themselves in the past how well their war of 'liberaton' was going to go.

The rest of us didn't need time machines to know the outcome of the war but never mind... ;)