Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Contents Insurance

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As you might have noticed it's domestic crisis day in the land of moi *stress*

Could anyone reccomend a good place to get contents insurance for my flat? The actual house and everything belonging to the landlord is covered by her own insurance so we just need our stuff, like pc, telly, my wardrobe and shoe collection (v important) etc. Having a bit of trouble cos most places just do home insurance

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Try Endsleigh, they mainly do students but I think they do civilised people too.
    I reccomend going through quidco for cash back and going with direct line- they cover your puter up to a decent level without having to declare it as a seperate expensive item... Clear your cookies before using quidco or similar. It's best to pay for a year upfront because the monthly spread payments, with most companies, are actually credit and charged at an extortionate rate- if you haven't got the lump sum, you may find a standard credit card has a better rate than the insurance company's.
    Endsleigh looks good but the stupid page won't load :mad:
    I used moneysupermarket.com to do the checker service.

I went with norwhich union with full accidental etc for £21, mine was including buildings too though. And I had personal belongings when away from the home etc etc
    £21??!??!??!!!§
    Something like that, might of been £23

I am obviously talking PER MONTH!

lol