Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Minor annoyances with Landlord...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
That build up til I wanna smash someone's face in. Yeah- I'm in a bad mood. I've just had to redirect a massive, and I do mean massive pile of mail for my landlady!!!

Dearest Landlady,

Get your mail redirected yourself, or don't be suprised if half of it ends up in the bin. Yes, that's right the half that says "important documents enclosed" may well just go in the bin, whilst the junk mail will get carefully redirected....

Also, you do realise that being out of the country is no excuse for not getting an annual gas safety certificate and that AFAIK I would be within my rights by witholding rent? And, the crappy fridge freezer that doesn't work is actually YOUR resposibility. AND you shouldn't be allowed to advertise a property as two bedroomed if one bedroom has so much furniture in it you can't even fit a junior bed in it? AND the fact that there was no inventory probably means you can't do shit about the fact that I removed enough furniture from said second bedroom against your unreasonable wishes (even though I quite reasonablly asked you if I could make it a bedroom a WHOLE YEAR AGO) So, HA now I can fit a bed in there so that neither I nor my six year old child have to dribble on each other or sleep on a sofa!!!

Up your bum.

Your minorly peeved tenant, who feels much better for this cathartic rant,

Your loving Tenant.

xxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hehe some landlords suck.
    he he. tis true- at least she doesn't hassel me and want to come round all the time, I couldn't hack that either...
    All landlords suck, actually.

They're vermin, fingers crossed they all get repo'd.
    They are shit!
    The agency was supposed to do an inspection but they never turned up, we get a letter saying, further to the insoection we are in breech of the contract for smoking! 1. when did they do this inspection? 2. we'd already cleared it with the landlord that we could smoke!
    well i've only had good experiences with landlords! if ever we had a problem they would deal with it the next day. last year we were with a big renting company and they came around and put up shelves for us and moved furniture around, just coz we asked :D

but yeh it must be a bitch to have a landlord who doesn't care.
    katralla wrote:
    That build up til I wanna smash someone's face in. Yeah- I'm in a bad mood. I've just had to redirect a massive, and I do mean massive pile of mail for my landlady!!!

Dearest Landlady,

Get your mail redirected yourself, or don't be suprised if half of it ends up in the bin. Yes, that's right the half that says "important documents enclosed" may well just go in the bin, whilst the junk mail will get carefully redirected....

Also, you do realise that being out of the country is no excuse for not getting an annual gas safety certificate and that AFAIK I would be within my rights by witholding rent? And, the crappy fridge freezer that doesn't work is actually YOUR resposibility. AND you shouldn't be allowed to advertise a property as two bedroomed if one bedroom has so much furniture in it you can't even fit a junior bed in it? AND the fact that there was no inventory probably means you can't do shit about the fact that I removed enough furniture from said second bedroom against your unreasonable wishes (even though I quite reasonablly asked you if I could make it a bedroom a WHOLE YEAR AGO) So, HA now I can fit a bed in there so that neither I nor my six year old child have to dribble on each other or sleep on a sofa!!!

Up your bum.

Your minorly peeved tenant, who feels much better for this cathartic rant,

Your loving Tenant.

xxx

Remind me to nominate you for Post of the Week next week. That's bloody funny :D:D:D
    As an aside, don't bin her letter - that's unlawful. instead write return to sender on them all and post them in your nearest post office.post box. She'll soon get the message.
    oh, I didn't know it was against the law- I thought that once it was delivered to the mailing address, it was all fine and dandy- regardless of whether the addressee gets it or not... Probably wrong- I just want it to be so. Contrary to my rant, I have actually been chucking everything that's obviously junk mail and carefully redirecting any 'real' mail BUT I don't freakin wanna! *throws toys out of pram*

Rubberskin:
    If they're still giving out those cute stuffed animal things I would dig a nomination man... Then I just have to work out how to bribe everyone into voting for me... *flutters eyelashes* *a stuffed toy would help keep this lonely single lass all huggled and snuggled in her bed...*
    katralla wrote:
    If they're still giving out those cute stuffed animal things I would dig a nomination man... Then I just have to work out how to bribe everyone into voting for me... *flutters eyelashes* *a stuffed toy would help keep this lonely single lass all huggled and snuggled in her bed...*

I'd vote for you in a heartbeat! :D As I often write letters like that myself, except I print them off. They're all floating around my room somewhere. I found one the other week written to O2, telling them to stick their "customer service" up their arse, as it'd been no service to me! :blush: Not really sure what they'd done, but O2 mess me about frequently :lol: