Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

good radio stations

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
can anyone tell me some good radio stations/frequencys that ill be able to get up the north west area??

im taking my car over on the boat from the isle of man to UK for the first time and im travelling down from liverpool to cardiff, so am wanting some good stations to listen to on my way down!!
im currently tuned into a few isle of man ones but obviously i wont be able to get them once i get across!!

argh im so nervous about it :nervous: im more used to countrylanes and such like - not big 3 lane roundabouts and motorways etc!! i know its second nature to most people here to do it, but for me.. im terrified!! lets hope it goes alright and i dont crash!! :shocking:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Radio 4, it doesnt play crap pop music so there is all the more time for comedy, drama, the best news coverage around and stuff to make you think.

Its about 93.5 FM
  • Options
    they are all dire. though Key 103 is probably your best bet. (103fm, surprisingly enough)
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    Stations that I remember for the North-West are 97.4 (Rock FM I think), Galaxy 102 FM and the abovementioned Key 103. This site has a map you can click and find out about the radio stations on your route.

Good luck with the motorway journey.
  • Options
    RockFM is your standard music radio station, XFM if you can get it is decent. Century 105.4 is good for a mix

if you go anywhere near here whack on 2BR 99.8fm. best station going.
  • Options
    Oh, I should tell you about a good radio station in Austria.

The music is mostly classic, so not so cool, but very often do you have interesting reports about, for example Star Trek... They had a one and a half hour special of star trek and all gadgets, including the machinery, the idea behind it, all main characters and their music careers beside (Leonard Nimoy aka Spock recorded a lp!!).

sometimes they read out of books, have interesting conversation with experts, bring historical stuff. bring live cuts from stand-up shows from austrian comedians etc..

awesome stuff.
  • Options
    If you're about Greater Manchester, then definitely XFM. 97.7fm.

Key103fm is really a pile of shit these days... if you like the same shitty mindless pop songs repeated every hour then you'll love it. Justin Timberlake, McFly, Shayne Ward, Beyonce... Justin, McFly, Shayne Ward, Beyonce... you get my drift.
  • Options
    If you're about Greater Manchester, then definitely XFM. 97.7fm.

Key103fm is really a pile of shit these days... if you like the same shitty mindless pop songs repeated every hour then you'll love it. Justin Timberlake, McFly, Shayne Ward, Beyonce... Justin, McFly, Shayne Ward, Beyonce... you get my drift.

aren't they all?
  • Options
    If you can, try 96.2 The Revolution, like XFM but without a playlist.