Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How rude are people to young people???!!???

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I really don't mind being ID'd because I honestly do look very young but they don't have to be so rude about it. Especially big bouncer type blokes trying to intimidate a 5ft2 girl. Respect. Not.

Oh and smarmy bar people who ask my date of birth and then ask if I'm 'sure'. Losers.
    When we were buying our house last year, I took my mum along to the first viewing (cause she was fab at asking all the sensible stuff I wouldn't think of) and the seller happily informed us that there were lots are great high schools close by, so I was sure to find one I liked.

:thumb:

I do also occasionally get asked why I'm not in school, mostly by well-meaning old grannies, and I have also been IDed trying to buy OTC painkillers.
    I get occasionally IDed for buying a lottery ticket (for non-UKers - you have to be 16 or over) & a few weeks ago a bus driver asked if I wanted full fare (I'm pretty sure you have to be under 14 to get half-fare).

I'm 26.

I don't get IDed that often though - they tend to figure that if I was a schoolkid then the school I attended might have an issue with my bright red hair...:thumb: And I rarely buy alcohol so I seldom get people IDing me cos they think I'm 17 or something. If I had a natural hair colour & went out more I'd probably get IDed a lot.
    phew, well at least it's not just me!
    StrubbleS wrote:
    Last daturday I was sitting in the B72 (kinda pub, but with live guests/singers at times.) and I needed to show my ID (I am 20!!), when I enter the pub there are LOADS OF wannabe punkrock girls who look like they are way past their curfew.

I can beat that, i'm 25 and i still get ID'd for booze.:yeees:
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I um... don't get much shit like that.

The only Rudeness here is from Chavs and directed back at them afterward. Usually a far better insult is returned if you can be bothered to think for the 3 seconds it takes to find a better one.

If not, "fuck off ya cunt" works.