Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Not sure if this is the right place anyway....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am renting a room in a house and my tv in my room doesn't get a good reception, does anyone have any recoemdations?

Also I was looking at ariels but was wondering if I bought one and it didn't work would I be able to return it to the shop as Currys said I wouldn't be able to.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You should be able to because it's not fit for the purpose for which it was bought... :confused:

TBH though, a room in a house is often bad for reception. Isn't there any ariel on the house at all? If there is you can get jacked into that one...
    There is an arial on the roof and I can't put holes in the wall to fix a wire and I don't want any cables coming through my window or anything.
    Any vents?

Indoor arials are crap in some place TBH. Try moving the TV in the room because that can help, otherwise try a booster. if that all fails, then you're fucked.
    What about an arial with an inbuilt booster?
    How about a freeview box...not that expensive anymore and in my last house we had no external areial, connected a freeview box to internal aerial and we had crystal clear picture :thumb:
    With regards to using a freeview box, you need to know what the external ariel reception is like generally in that area before you go and get one. Needs to be pretty strong in the first place to be able to get freeview without any interventions. If you have a poor signal (like me) you really need to be hooked up to an external aerial via a signal booster that then plugs into the freeview box. Seems to work alright as long as the weather is ok.
    We can't get freeview in our area