Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How rude are people to young people???!!???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just got questioned by a muppet from the local authority as to why I'm not at school?????!?!?!?!? Who then didin't believe me that I didn't need to be at school. His "why not?" was met with " becasue I haven't been registered at a local authority school for nine years!" Icredibly enough, he didn't believe this either. What a tosser! How does I don't believe you have "magic powers" that mean you're allowed to wonder around in people's back gardens ya tosspot!

Firstly- do I look under 16?
Secondly- since when were building regulators the same as truancy officers?
Thirdly- do building regulators really have the right to wonder around people's back gardens without at least knocking on the door first???

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Should of told him that you wanted to speak with somone that has started puberty and has half a brain cell.
    No, H&S people from the council which is what a building regulator would be do have the right to poke about in commercial places but not residential.

And secondly, given the amout of rudeness some of the teenage population give out its only fair us old gits get to give some back.
    well, maybe, but I was nothing but polite- and haven't been a teenager for a while!
    katralla wrote:
    I just got questioned by a muppet from the local authority as to why I'm not at school?????!?!?!?!? Who then didin't believe me that I didn't need to be at school. His "why not?" was met with " becasue I haven't been registered at a local authority school for nine years!" Icredibly enough, he didn't believe this either. What a tosser! How does I don't believe you have "magic powers" that mean you're allowed to wonder around in people's back gardens ya tosspot!

Firstly- do I look under 16?
    Secondly- since when were building regulators the same as truancy officers?
    Thirdly- do building regulators really have the right to wonder around people's back gardens without at least knocking on the door first???

Last daturday I was sitting in the B72 (kinda pub, but with live guests/singers at times.) and I needed to show my ID (I am 20!!), when I enter the pub there are LOADS OF wannabe punkrock girls who look like they are way past their curfew. Well, I get myself a beer exit through the back door (other side of the street) and sit down. When I want to re-enter a bouncer suddenly stands there and wants to fucking see my ID!!!

"Dude, I am sitting here with a glass of beer, where do you think I got that from? Moreover did I show you my ID 10 minutes ago."

"I see around 500 faces every night."

o0
    Some people are cunts.

All council employees are cunts x10.

*shrug*
    StrubbleS wrote:
    Last daturday I was sitting in the B72 (kinda pub, but with live guests/singers at times.) and I needed to show my ID (I am 20!!), when I enter the pub there are LOADS OF wannabe punkrock girls who look like they are way past their curfew. Well, I get myself a beer exit through the back door (other side of the street) and sit down. When I want to re-enter a bouncer suddenly stands there and wants to fucking see my ID!!!

"Dude, I am sitting here with a glass of beer, where do you think I got that from? Moreover did I show you my ID 10 minutes ago."

"I see around 500 faces every night."

o0

Ever since these new licensing laws came in pubs and clubs have gone ID mad, it's so bad you're almost begging for the government to bring in ID cards so you don't need to carry your passport with you everywhere!!
    Ever since these new licensing laws came in pubs and clubs have gone ID mad, it's so bad you're almost begging for the government to bring in ID cards so you don't need to carry your passport with you everywhere!!

yeah, but I am talking about austria

i.e. beer drinking at age 16
    hard liquor at 18
    curfew for 16+ year olds unlimited.

so it's double the cheek.
    at least it was part of the bouncer's duties to be checking your age!
    Some northern guy came round our house a while ago selling dusters and whatnot as they sometimes do in my village. I answered the door and he immediately asked if my parents were in. I said that he could talk to me whereon he kept insisting I go and get my parents. After a minute or two after he tried his sales pitch, I told him that we weren't interesting. He obviously thought that I couldn't possibly make such a judgement without my parents being there and said,
    "Go and get your mum - you're only a kid".
    I replied, "Mate, I'm 22".
    He then said with a derrogatory look, "that's still a kid to me."

What a complete wanker! Since when does 22 constitute being a kid?
    well, you're still a kid until you've been inside dude. only then can you be a man and sell feather dusters!

jk
    My cleaner said i sounded too young to be employing a cleaner when I phoned her up for a quote and I got asked if i was over 21 on a flight to the states recently - I thanked the air hostess wholeheartedly for thinking that i was and got bloody annoyed for all the 18 year olds on the flight at the STUIPD american drinking laws.

Strubbles is there an "official" curfew time in austria for the under 16's?
    Kermit wrote:
    Some people are cunts.

*shrug*
    hey my dad works for the council :p

tho he is only a school caretaker so not really a proper council employee :lol:
    Or you could get a driving license... why the hell would I need an ID card.
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    some people cant drive or dont wanna drive....
    Fiend_85 wrote:

I got turned away from a club recently because I had a provisional drivers licence and not a full one! :eek2:

and i'm 23!!! :banghead:
    Kermit wrote:
    Some people are cunts.

*shrug*

Don't you work for the council?
    JamesZero wrote:
    I got turned away from a club recently because I had a provisional drivers licence and not a full one! :eek2:

and i'm 23!!! :banghead:

Gutted! I've seen those signs though that say Passport or FULL UK Driving Licence. Are provisionals easier to fake or something? Because I don't see the logic at all, both have your DOB on... unless you have to be a fully licensed driver to go clubbing these days :p

I don't think anyone will be able to top my getting ID'd to buy matches, though, woo. I also get stopped by truancy officers and other nosy parkers in town, katralla. Really gets on my tits, though I suppose it's flattering... maybe... in a way.
    briggi wrote:
    I don't think anyone will be able to top my getting ID'd to buy matches, though, woo.

Dunno, my boyfriend attempted to buy some scssors the other day and got asked "Do you have any ID??"
    When he looked her as if she'd gone mad she cleared her throat and said "You must be 16 or over to purchase scissors"
    He replied with "I'm 18. That is why I'm here trying to buy these scissors and not in school with the other under 16;s."

She still wouldn't sell them him even when he showed his ID. Wonder why? :chin:
    He must look like a raging nutter :p

They ID for all kinds of things these days though; Tip-Ex, Pritt Stick, hairspray. I can usually get away with buying stationery and hair product though, thankfully, it'd be pretty embarrassing getting ID'd in Stationery Box.
    Getting ID'd for scissors?!? Madness.
    Wyetry wrote:
    My cleaner said i sounded too young to be employing a cleaner when I phoned her up for a quote and I got asked if i was over 21 on a flight to the states recently - I thanked the air hostess wholeheartedly for thinking that i was and got bloody annoyed for all the 18 year olds on the flight at the STUIPD american drinking laws.

Strubbles is there an "official" curfew time in austria for the under 16's?

They change it constantly, but I think under 15 it's ~1am

I just checked the law for the protection of the youth.
    until 14 -> 10pm
    14-16 -> 1am
    >16 -> no limit

but I have never seen anyone who cares about it. I mean the under 14 kids probably don't go out at night anyhoo and have stricter rules by their parents, but people under 18 constantly hang out longer.

/edit: This is probably the strictest in Austria, I got ID'd only once in a supermarket when I bought a total of 5 litres in hard liquor for my 18th birthday.
    Actually, I did not even have an ID, I said it's for my 19th birthday and faked a date in my head (and I was STUTTERING, since I did not think of one beforehand!!)

it worked tho.
    Gav wrote:
    Getting ID'd for scissors?!? Madness.

"Good sir, I would love to purchase a package of your finest condoms please!"

"Do you have an ID?"

:lol: well, you could swallow and choke on them.
    StrubbleS wrote:
    They change it constantly, but I think under 15 it's ~1am

I just checked the law for the protection of the youth.
    until 14 -> 10pm
    14-16 -> 1am
    >16 -> no limit

but I have never seen anyone who cares about it. I mean the under 14 kids probably don't go out at night anyhoo and have stricter rules by their parents, but people under 18 constantly hang out longer.

/edit: This is probably the strictest in Austria, I got ID'd only once in a supermarket when I bought a total of 5 litres in hard liquor for my 18th birthday.
    Actually, I did not even have an ID, I said it's for my 19th birthday and faked a date in my head (and I was STUTTERING, since I did not think of one beforehand!!)

it worked tho.

How random we don't have curfew's as far as I know - though when i was teenager there was a random law that stated any more then 5 people in one place at any one time constituted a party and if you were in public area and had not asked for permission it was considered to be an illegal rave (even if you had no music) and you could be asked to move on and or arrested.
    Wyetry wrote:
    How random we don't have curfew's as far as I know - though when i was teenager there was a random law that stated any more then 5 people in one place at any one time constituted a party and if you were in public area and had not asked for permission it was considered to be an illegal rave (even if you had no music) and you could be asked to move on and or arrested.

hehe, imagine the SWAT team busting your door and you sit with your two siblings and parents at a good game of monopoly.

"you are all arrested for an illegal rave party, everything you say can and will....." :lol:

/edit: oh, public^^ but still...

yeah, the law isn't tight her at all, even tho I gotta say it works just well. Alcohol, age of consent, etc. Never heard of anyone getting in trouble because of the curfew.
    StrubbleS wrote:
    hehe, imagine the SWAT team busting your door and you sit with your two siblings and parents at a good game of monopoly.

"you are all arrested for an illegal rave party, everything you say can and will....." :lol:

It was only outside - there wasn't a problem if you were in your own house - but it could have technically meant that if you were waiting for a bus with more than 5 people at your bus stop you could have been arrested.
    Wyetry wrote:
    It was only outside - there wasn't a problem if you were in your own house - but it could have technically meant that if you were waiting for a bus with more than 5 people at your bus stop you could have been arrested.

Yeah it's crazy. Be careful not to shoot an dutchman with bow and arrow except on sunday mornings! :thumb:

If I am waiting on the bus with 4 peeps and a police officer is trying to arrest me I laugh at his face.
    StrubbleS wrote:
    Be careful not to shoot an dutchman with bow and arrow except on sunday mornings! :thumb:

Oh you have one of those too. Ours is, it's legal to shoot a welshman, after midnight with a bow and arrow, in Chester. :D
    xsazx wrote:
    dad isn't lol he's the sports and social manager for dartford bourough council :razz: not all of them are bad!

to the OP i'd just take it as a compliment probs

yeah maybe- but I am 23, so how I could possibly look 15 is kinda beyond me!
    An old lady told me off for biting my nails on the bus (was on my way to my maths GCSE exam which is my worst subject). And then told me to use her nail file!

I've been asked to leave a shop (partners) before and a shop assistant stalked me the whole time. :rolleyes:

but other than that, i haven't had much trouble.
    I've never had any problems like that.