Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

New Tories, new logo

logo.jpg

Far more green than blue, I see... :D

Apparently the Tory Old Guard are not too chuffed...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/15092006/140/new-logo-causes-dismay-among-tories.html
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Did they go into a nursery and ask 3 year olds to draw pictures and pick one through a raffle?
    I like it. An Oak Tree does suggest conserving something (which is the central plank of Conservatism) whereas the old torch seemed to suggest witch burning
    That logo is one of the worst I've ever seen. They should adopt that nice, cuddly, lovable chameleon that Labour created. :p
    NQA wrote:
    I like it. An Oak Tree does suggest conserving something (which is the central plank of Conservatism) whereas the old torch seemed to suggest witch burning

Depends what way you look at it. You could say the old one signified a light and guidance in the dark.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Depends what way you look at it. You could say the old one signified a light and guidance in the dark.

I think it was supposed to be the torch of freedom (statue of liberty and all that), but every time I saw it I was reminded of the peasent lynch mobs in the old Hammer Horror films. P'haps I've just got an overactive imagination
    It reminded me of fisting... :eek:
    Aladdin wrote:
    It reminded me of fisting... :eek:
    The Tory Party does need to be "sexed up" a bit though, doesn't it? ;)
    I think the fact i vote Tory is enough to say they are sexed up...i am the love doctor after all.

But on the topic of the logo...meh, could have been worse i guess.
    Bullseye wrote:
    I think the fact i vote Tory is enough to say they are sexed up...i am the love doctor after all.

But on the topic of the logo...meh, could have been worse i guess.
    Does anybody seriously think the Conservative Party is sexy? :lol:
    I think it's a bit crap.
    My gosh thats shite.
    why can't they do something normal and use an animal of some kind. Perhaps an elephant, or maybe a donkey? Yeah, that'd make a shit load more sense.:yes:
    why can't they do something normal and use an animal of some kind. Perhaps an elephant, or maybe a donkey? Yeah, that'd make a shit load more sense.:yes:
    Yeah, but what does an elephant have in common with the Tory Par... I've just worked it out.
    I quite like the Republican elephant and the Democrat donkey tbh. Perhaps they should have anglicised the elephant. The torch was OK but it was perhaps time for a change. The new logo is a bit crap but then people will not elect the Conservatives because of a new logo.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Yeah, but what does an elephant have in common with the Tory Par... I've just worked it out.
    What does an elephant have to do with ANY western political party? Nothing, that's what.

What I want to see is parties addopting badass looking pictures. Like that one of Johnny Cash flipping off the camera. The caption could read "Pacific Green Party, come get some asshole!" ...awsome.
    A new logo was needed as the party is going through significant change. I'm not happy with this logo however, I'll get over it and so will everyone else. Like Dis said, we're not going to vote Tory because we don't like their logo.

It does look like a child has drawn it. The principle of the logo is acceptable I guess.

Move on now.
    people will not elect the Conservatives because of a new logo.
    That's probably right.
    That's probably right.

But people will elect the Conservatives back into government for other good reasons! :p
    But people will elect the Conservatives back into government for other good reasons! :p
    Such as this Labour government being beyond crap, for instance.
    Their environmental focus is being taken a bit too far i reckon - looks like a Tory cock getting ready for a session with a tree.

:eek2:
    Spliffie wrote:
    Their environmental focus is being taken a bit too far i reckon - looks like a Tory cock getting ready for a session with a tree.

:eek2:
    What are you going on about?

The environment is an increasingly worry with the British people and is an issue we will have to accept sooner or later as being with the same rankings as the NHS and schools when compared to level of concerns with the electorate.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Such as this Labour government being beyond crap, for instance.

Which is the way it usually works.
    The new logo is a bit crap but then people will not elect the Conservatives because of a new logo.

If that's what it takes, then fine by me ;)

As for the logo, when I work out what it is, I will comment on it...
    luke88 wrote:
    What are you going on about?

It looks like a vaguely human-shaped tree riding a cock.

Quite a good idea really, because fucking the environment is exactly what they'll do given the chance.
    Well, they won't if Dave is being sincere and he pulls all the shots.

The new tory party is all grean and environment-conscious. Haven't you heard? :D
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Did they go into a nursery and ask 3 year olds to draw pictures and pick one through a raffle?
    :lol:

I guess so.