Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Muslim anger at vatican

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    This is only the view of a small minority of muslims in the UK. Many of them may not agree with all these wars and what not, but that doesnt mean they want to kill everyone who has anything to do with it.
    It maybe a fair comment to say most Muslims don't agree with the extremists yet I see no loud voice to support this. Yet I see loud voices condemning the pope, I see loud voices against the west.
    seeing as these speeches are put together months in advance the resulting anger of basicaly calling the prohpet and his followers evil were known to those who put those words there.
    the pope should be strung up for crimes against humanity.
    luke88 wrote:
    It maybe a fair comment to say most Muslims don't agree with the extremists yet I see no loud voice to support this. Yet I see loud voices condemning the pope, I see loud voices against the west.

Cuase thats exactly what both sides want you to see. So everyone gets all worked up and more shit happens and the circle continues
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    Cuase thats exactly what both sides want you to see. So everyone gets all worked up and more shit happens and the circle continues
    But don't you agree that death threats to the pope is an overreaction?

Secondly, we can only hold free speech so far. It isn't entrenched so that people are threatened and nothing can be done about it.
    luke88 wrote:
    So it is OK to say death to the pope, death to the home office minsiter? Death to western people? Why do we tolerate this? They are threats that translate into death.
    Where did that appear in the article or video you posted?
    luke88 wrote:

no ...actualy carrying it out is overdue.
    luke88 wrote:

Secondly, we can only hold free speech so far. It isn't entrenched so that people are threatened and nothing can be done about it.

it is an over reaction, but the pope should have chosen his words more carefully considering the current state with muslims.

Responding to that over reaction with discrimination and hate is only going to make muslims more pissed and more likely to over react.
    Where did that appear in the article or video you posted?
    It doesn't have too. This topic is wide ranging. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=405622&in_page_id=1770 Don't bloody start about the source. Just pretend it's from the Guardian and move on.
    no ...actualy carrying it out is overdue.
    Fine. But what if I say that many Muslim leaders in this country need thier heads chopping off? I'd be condemned as racist, quite rightly too. What I'm saying is, criticism can go in all directions in this society because we live in a democracy. If Muslims are allowed to give death threats left right and centre then it must be OK for non Muslims to do the same.
    luke88 wrote:
    Explain what you're onabout?
    Let me put it in veeeeeeeery simple terms to see if you get it.

If a female tourist comes to Britain and during a night out she's raped, would she be right to say the English are a nation of rapists?

And if not, why?
    luke88 wrote:
    It doesn't have too. This topic is wide ranging. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=405622&in_page_id=1770 Don't bloody start about the source. Just pretend it's from the Guardian and move on.
    Hang on a minute. You posted a source about a Muslim man protesting at John Reid's speech, along with the line "When is this stupid soft pathetic government going to lock these pigs up?" So obviously you include this man with "these pigs" or you wouldn't have posted it. So tell me what he did that warrants you posting it as an example of a Muslim extremist that needs locking up.
    luke88 wrote:
    Fine. But what if I say that many Muslim leaders in this country need thier heads chopping off? I'd be condemned as racist, quite rightly too. What I'm saying is, criticism can go in all directions in this society because we live in a democracy. If Muslims are allowed to give death threats left right and centre then it must be OK for non Muslims to do the same.

But its not muslims giving death threats. Its fanatical people with political agendas creating issues making people like you react the way you are.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    it is an over reaction, but the pope should have chosen his words more carefully considering the current state with muslims.
    Personally, his comment was an acceptable since he was quoting from history books, he lives in a democracy which promotes freedom of speech and he was hardly saying anything bad about Islam.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    Responding to that over reaction with discrimination and hate is only going to make muslims more pissed and more likely to over react.
    Discrimination? Who's discriminating who?

A few Muslims are practicisng hate and threatening people to avoid people criticising their religion. They need to understand that we can criticise Islam when ever we like since we are in a democracy.
    Aladdin wrote:
    Let me put it in veeeeeeeery simple terms to see if you get it.

If a female tourist comes to Britain and during a night out she's raped, would she be right to say the English are a nation of rapists?

And if not, why?
    Listen to be very carefully.
    Listen yeah?

I am NOT saying that ALL Muslims are the same. Got that?
    BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. The only way this situation will be resolved is if both sides stop feeding each other shit so they can gain support. Your views thinking that masses of muslims hate the west and want us all dead and stuff is the exact sort of discrimination which wil make muslims who dont think like that start to think like that.
    Hang on a minute. You posted a source about a Muslim man protesting at John Reid's speech, along with the line "When is this stupid soft pathetic government going to lock these pigs up?" So obviously you include this man with "these pigs" or you wouldn't have posted it. So tell me what he did that warrants you posting it as an example of a Muslim extremist that needs locking up.
    These pigs I am refferring to are Islamic extremists and hate preachers in this country that are allowed to give death threats who ever 'insults' them.

Other examples include the riot over the cartoons.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    But its not muslims giving death threats. Its fanatical people with political agendas creating issues making people like you react the way you are.
    They are Muslims. Not true Muslims though.
    lets remember ...this whole war on terrorism has been manufactured by america.
    when gorby signed up with reagan for a huge reduction in nuke weapons stockpiles in the 80's do you know what gorby said to raygun as raygun signed?
    he said ...'you'll have to invent a new enemy now to keep your military industrial ideals going.'...raygun smiled and nodded.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. The only way this situation will be resolved is if both sides stop feeding each other shit so they can gain support. Your views thinking that masses of muslims hate the west and want us all dead and stuff is the exact sort of discrimination which wil make muslims who dont think like that start to think like that.
    These are not my views so what are you going onabout?
    luke88 wrote:
    These pigs I am refferring to are Islamic extremists and hate preachers in this country that are allowed to give death threats who ever 'insults' them.

Other examples include the riot over the cartoons.
    So what did the article you posted have to do with that? The only similarity that I could see was that it was a Muslim man expressing an opinion, and an entirely credible one at that.
    So what did the article you posted have to do with that? The only similarity that I could see was that it was a Muslim man expressing an opinion, and an entirely credible one at that.
    I'm talking about the whole thing, not just the article. More here:http://www.itn.co.uk/news/headlines_3282a5a59605a7e159db536a3b131fd6.html

Whether you think his opinion is crediable or not is entirely up to you.

"I am furious I am absolutely furious - John Reid should not come to a Muslim area, we do not want to see him." Muslim area? There are NO Muslim areas.
    luke88 wrote:
    I'm talking about the whole thing, not just the article. More here:http://www.itn.co.uk/news/headlines_3282a5a59605a7e159db536a3b131fd6.html

Whether you think his opinion is crediable or not is entirely up to you.

"I am furious I am absolutely furious - John Reid should not come to a Muslim area, we do not want to see him." Muslim area? There are NO Muslim areas.

Yes, there are muslims areas. Many many muslims live in the uk, often bunched into their own communities, sure a lot of them may not agree with some of the things the west do, but that doesnt mean they want to kill us. Just because a very small group of poeple want to do this (who are just using their religion to gain support and justify what they are doing i might add) doesnt mean the majority do.
    luke88 wrote:
    Listen to be very carefully.
    Listen yeah?

I am NOT saying that ALL Muslims are the same. Got that?
    In that case how the fuck can you say Islam is not a religion of peace?

Let's put it this way: if you believe Islam is not a religion of peace, fine: so long as you admit that the other big religions aren't either.

Are you admitting that? Or are you suggesting Islam is violent whereas Christianity is peaceful?
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    Yes, there are muslims areas. Many many muslims live in the uk, often bunched into their own communities, sure a lot of them may not agree with some of the things the west do, but that doesnt mean they want to kill us. Just because a very small group of poeple want to do this (who are just using their religion to gain support and justify what they are doing i might add) doesnt mean the majority do.
    My answer to this is if they don't like the Uk or western values then piss off to another country.
    The guy is trying to say that the Muslim area is just for Muslims. This is racist against the rest of us.

Stop going on about the majority etc etc Blah Blah Blah. I have not said anything about a majority. I am talking about these fanatics.

Hey just imagine this:
    wonder what would happen if that had been a Musilm Council Of Britain speech & a angry british man began shouting anti islamic remarks?
    Aladdin wrote:
    I don't have to think it is. Do you respect the right to allow me to think overwise?

BTW: It was a hypathetical question.
    Aladdin wrote:
    Let's put it this way: if you believe Islam is not a religion of peace, fine: so long as you admit that the other big religions aren't either.

Are you admitting that? Or are you suggesting Islam is violent whereas Christianity is peaceful?
    This isn't about Christanity or any other religion. It is about Islamic fanatics.
    luke88 wrote:
    I'm talking about the whole thing, not just the article.
    What whole thing?
    Aladdin wrote:

christianity is peacful but ...it no longer exists as disorganised lying bigoted religions have taken over it's name but not iit's truths./
    luke88 wrote:
    My answer to this is if they don't like the Uk or western values then piss off to another country.
    The guy is trying to say that the Muslim area is just for Muslims. This is racist against the rest of us.
    Don't tell this man what he's trying to say. If he didn't say it, he didn't say it. Don't be putting words in his mouth, or assuming his beliefs without any quotes to back it up.
    What whole thing?
    Not just about the article. About the lastest events such as The Vatican and today.
    luke88 wrote:
    I don't have to think it is. Do you respect the right to allow me to think overwise?

BTW: It was a hypathetical question.

This isn't about Christanity or any other religion. It is about Islamic fanatics.
    There are fanatics everywhere, IN EVERY RELIGION. BUT THE IMMENSE MAJORITY OF MUSLIMS ARE NOT FANATICS AND THE KORAN DOES NOT ADVOCATE VIOLENCE ANY MORE THAN THE BIBLE DOES.

THEREFORE ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE- AT LEAST OF AS MUCH PEACE AS CHRISTIANITY.

Get it now? Or should I increase the font size?