Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

whats the most people have made selling on Ebay?

any entrepenuers on the site? (probably spelt that wrong but thats because im a student and im thick:p )
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    most i've sold something for was £35, for a pair of shoes that cost me £3
    I got £450 for a car I paid £50 for
    i used to buy chanel earrings from liverpool for £3.50 and sell them on ebay for £40

ohmmmmm

lol x
    Over the last few months I've probably made around £300 and spent £400 :o

I sold a pair of boots I bought for about a tenner, for £25, that's probably my biggest profit.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Biggest profit for me was a maths book. I paid about £30 for it (proper academic book) and some mug spent nearly £50 on it. I thought it was particularly funny as the RRP was £30-ish and I linked it to amazon where it was £30.

Idiot.
    The only thing I've sold on ebay was a K2 racing kayak for £310. I bought it for £175 so that was good :D

Then I spent the profit on a K1 racing kayak that I then sold on again. Me = kayak dealer.
    After eBay fees, £1400 in Reading tickets for me and Mrs. T to spend on lovely things. Though apparently flogging tickets online to lazy and stupid people who weren't bright enough to buy them on the release day is amoral...
    £180 for a flute that was a present 15 years ago and was a wee bit broken anyway (I listed it as 'needing repair').

:thumb:
    £200 :)
    After eBay fees, £1400 in Reading tickets for me and Mrs. T to spend on lovely things. Though apparently flogging tickets online to lazy and stupid people who weren't bright enough to buy them on the release day is amoral...

You sooo know you're gonna get it in the afterlife for that one! lol
    icey wrote:
    most i've sold something for was £35, for a pair of shoes that cost me £3

Ditto.

This thread has convinced me that eBay is for mugs lol :lol:
    katralla wrote:
    You sooo know you're gonna get it in the afterlife for that one! lol

I'm sure whatever higher power there is will actually be pleased with me for teaching the idiots who payed for my tickets to get off their arses and not be so lazy when it comes to deadlines. I'm sure their money was a reward from the superior being for punishing these idle souls :D
    the best signature ever dot com

Seriously, your signature just made me laugh out loud - and then reach for my Peep Show dvds.

How thick is wall?
    Thank you. We should vote for sig of the week. I would so win.

I fucking love Peep Show. Such a shame that their new show is relatively poor. However, the Numberwang sketch had me and my dad in stiches.

"Maybe I'll ring up Gradad and tell him I think he's a boring twat"
    I sold a CD single that I'd got from a car boot sale for 99p - the bidding went up to £11. One of the bidders asked a question about whether it was in an 'album-style' case (it was), so I guess it was a special realease or something.

Another time I sold a T-shirt that had cost me around a tenner. I'd hoped to get a decent amount cos it was a rare T-shirt (only sold at a handful of online stores that I knew of, all of which were in the US) so I started the bidding at a tenner - ended at £43!

:thumb:
    This thread has convinced me that eBay is for mugs lol :lol:
    Not necessarily. In a lot of cases that does apply. I've seen people getting into bidding wars on things they could easily get at Amazon or somewhere for less, & sometimes people go crazy over the daftest things (I once saw an auction for a shoebox from a particular designer - no shoes, just the cardboard box - & someone spent like £50 on it or something). But in a lot of cases the reason for the seller's huge profit is that the item has become harder to obtain since they bought it, or is of a model that is not available anymore.