Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Significant dreams

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you guys ever wake up and think 'woah' because you had a dream that was actually... really significant? Last night I did, and been thinking, although it didn't give me the answers I wanted, it did tell me what answers I was actually looking for. If that makes sense. There was a lot going on in it, and I'm trying to decipher it now...

I don't think dreams have some intrinsic spiritual meaning, but I do think they are a way our mind expresses itself to us and if we listen we can learn more about ourselves. Dreams are just dreams - they're not a delve into another world, it's just based on what our mind wants to think about - but based on what our mind wants to think about we can work out what we want to think about, ergo we can work out what we want.

:)

Although my mum who is an ex-psychic says spirits visit her and all of us in our dreams. Not sure about that one.

Comments

• Options
    In a word, yes. I agree completely with your POV.
  • Options
    I think some dreams can be like that but others can be real head screws.

I woke up at half-past-silly O'clock the other night as I was trying to escape from a marauding gang of orangutans. Now either it was some deep meaning about the animals wanting the planet back or the late night sandwich.
  • Options
    I woke up at half-past-silly O'clock the other night as I was trying to escape from a marauding gang of orangutans. Now either it was some deep meaning about the animals wanting the planet back or the late night sandwich.

:lol:

Some dreams are just bizarre, that's for sure!
  • Options

:lol:

Can I nominate that for post of the week please :)

I do agree with you though, I think dreams are our brains way of sorting out loads of stuff that we are thinking about during the day. On the night of Sept 11th this year, I had a dream about losing a bag at an airport, and some woman being convinced that I had done it on purpose and that meant I was a bomber :( I hadn't really thought about it during the day, but I think that was my mind trying to sort out what I was feeling about it :yes:
  • Options
    I do believe there is some meaning behind them but this past 2 years my dreams have gone beyond reality, they're so fucked up they're neither nightmares or dreams. I lucid dream and have sleep paralysis on a regular basis. Definately something messed up in my head.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I do think that some dreams are like that... I remember at least one that I've had, maybe two. Usually though they're just crazy, and that's the way I like them. So that I can think about them when I wake up and laugh.
  • Options
    Dreams are great fun, and usually I can connect everything I dreamt with something that happened in one way or the other the day before (in some cases it's up to two days). Although occasionally something bizarre gets added.

It's a great way to have an adventure that feels real while it lasts. ;) Beats daydreaming for sure.
  • Options
    I dreamed a lot of shit again. Like this stupid little girl who bugs me and then plays the rape card if I did not give her attention and I get in trouble with police officers.

and that I beat the shit out of people? What the christ? I am a total pacifist. Sometimes I wish Freud was still alive. Come to think of it, he would probably just tell me that I desire my mum.
  • Options
    Dreams are just the wastebin of the brain, its a way of your brain to work through things its thinking about.

I get the odd dream that stays with me, and it stays with me forever. The one before a'Level results day where I dreamed that I saw the answers and got them all right was one that has always stuck with me, because it calmed me so much. And I remembered dreaming about a baby the same night we had a miscarriage.
  • Options
    I was attacked by a dog there last year or so and I keep getting dreams about all sorts of animals and people chasing me everywhere. Funny as fuck.
  • Options
    I watched Battle Royale last night of Film 4 then while sleeping I dreamt of being in the exact same situation.

For anyone not familiar with it, it's a japanese film where a class full of young people are put on an island, given various weapons, and told to fight to the death. The only person allowed to survive and get off the island is the last man standing.

One of my more interesting dreams.
  • Options
    I had this dream about Angie and Cain in Emmerdale, She came back from the dead to prove his innocence :confused:

The other night I had one, and I went to the Isle of Wight, and I was looking round these shops drinking a can of special brew, and these tramps came up to me and are like 'Is that special brew?' and I'm all 'Hell yeah'.
  • Options
    Kate1 wrote:
    I think dreams are our brains way of sorting out loads of stuff that we are thinking about during the day.

Interesting, but for me it's never that way. I keep on having random dreams about a friend of mine. The odd thing being that during the day, I don't actually think about him.:confused:
  • Options
    I've been having this dream just lately that I take this girl from my training group that I like back to my flat, and down the line she dumps me for my flatmate and they go driving about in his car?

Told my flatmate and he finds it absolutely hilarious :(
  • Options
    I used to have a constantly reacurring dream when I was younger that always ended in me crashing bus, but I never saw the crash, I can still remember the outline of it after all these years. I have lucid dreaming every now and again and it still freaks me out.